Video Trimmer

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

sgfan0789
New User

Video Trimmer

Post by sgfan0789 »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
I would like to see in Handbrake the ability to trim video. Indeed there is an option to select a start and end time for a video, but a video trimmer is required like in freemake video converter http://www.freemake.com/how_to/how_to_cut_video_quickly Other video converters have this ability but their encoding capabilites aren't as great as Handbrake and their trimming feature is difficult compared to Freemake. In addition, even though freemake has this feature, its encoding capabilities are very poor.
Why would you like to see this added:
I find this kind of feature very important in a video converter like Handbrake. Handbrake is almost PERFECT(video encoding) but I rarely use it because of the lack of the video trimmer feature. For example this feature would be useful to create a space battles compilation video from a single vide file. I hope you add it.
What version of HandBrake are you currently running:
What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 7
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Video Trimmer

Post by Woodstock »

Proper video trimming is done with specialized software for a number of reasons, like being able to create key frames exactly where needed.

Adding trimming to handbrake will essentially mean having a fatter program that is crappy at several things, rather than pretty good at one.