AAC quality mode

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

LeRalouf

AAC quality mode

Post by LeRalouf »

Hello!
First of all, I'm not sure this has been suggested yet. I tried to search "AAC quality mode" in this forum, couldn't find anything. So, I thought I'd give it a try.

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
Like we can use CRF to have a video bitrate depending on the content of the video, I wish there was a quality mode for AAC encoding. Something like in Nero (I'm guessing that's not an option, but something like that), when you set -q 0.5 for example, and audio bitrate is defined by the encoder depending on the audio itself.

Why would you like to see this added:
I just think it would be great to be able to do encodes where both video and audio bitrates depends on the encode itself and are not randomly chosen :)

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Ubuntu 14.04

Again, sorry if this was already asked, and thanks a lot for the soft!
LeRalouf

Re: AAC quality mode

Post by LeRalouf »

Hello again!
Even though I'm not sure it's useful, here's the log of my last encode using AAC : http://pastebin.com/Zz8a14iV
K@mpfH@mster

Post by K@mpfH@mster »

Hi, quality mode ist available in nightly builds since several months. But the lowest setting uses still around 180 kbit/s
LeRalouf

Post by LeRalouf »

Oh nice!
I never tried nightly builds and didn't know that. Thanks a lot!