Auto Chapter Naming

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

bass_rock

Auto Chapter Naming

Post by bass_rock »

May you please add a feature that automatically gets the chapter names from a certain website such as barnes & Nobles because they post the chapter names on their website. This would be really useful so you don't have to sit on your computer with a movie like star wars entering in 50 chapter names like I have. :D Thanks!!!! :D
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

Or alternatively a way to import/export them per text file so that we can share them :)
Last edited by realityking on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Frankly, its doubtful.
kneeslasher
Experienced

Post by kneeslasher »

I suspect metadata for DVD rips is still in its infancy, not yet comparable to more mature ripping and naming now present in the music world (CDDB, etc.). Also, I presume the challenges are much steeper with DVD metadata matching being a little more complicated than track lengths on a CD.
bass_rock

Post by bass_rock »

Or alternatively a way to import/export them per text file so that we can share them
Well if were typing in the chapter titles couldn't we just go with realityking's idea and just import the titles from a text file and eventually create a database that someone could host that handbrake would go to to grab the chapters :?:
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

You already *can* store chapters in text files. It's called the CLI. Learn it, love it. And extracting chapter titles and time codes from an existing mp4 file is a trivial exercise.
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

A while a go i registered the domain name of dvddatabase.info, i was originally thinking of doing something like what your saying but because of my limited database background i gave up on it. I am willing to host the domain name if people are willing to help set up the database and how to store the data. this would be a very nice addition to handbrake.