Real AAC VBR mode!

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

jacop89
Novice

Re: Real AAC VBR mode!

Post by jacop89 »

s55 wrote: t's on my todo list, but it's not a priority.

Heck, I've not even got round to fixing the nasty bugs in the preview window yet, or finish of the underlying re-architecture, or the UI/UX updates .

https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/7203

Since it has now become the default AAC encoder, I expect the addition of the " VBR Mode" FDK encoding with WinGUI program version.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I expect it too, but I won't complain for another 12 months. Let the man go through his list in whichever order he feels like :)
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Hopefully that was just poor wording. If such demanding wording was intended, that would move this request right to the bottom of my list where it would stay till just before the next official release about a year from now. :P
jacop89
Novice

Post by jacop89 »

JohnAStebbins wrote:Hopefully that was just poor wording. If such demanding wording was intended, that would move this request right to the bottom of my list where it would stay till just before the next official release about a year from now. :P
Ok, I not insist more. :mrgreen:

But at least I want to know if and when VBR Mode is implemented in WinGUI version. ;)
Love&Peace!!!!

ps. As always thank you for your continued support.
arcuser
Bright Spark User

Post by arcuser »

JohnAStebbins wrote:FYI, I also fixed the compiler optimization issue in our 0.10.x bug fix branch. So our next bug fix release will have faster fdk-aac. It will still be 0.1.1, but it will be faster.
Has this gone backwards in 0.10.3?

Tested encoding something earlier using CBR FDK-AAC and with using multiple audio streams it seems to have gone back to the speed(s) that 0.10.1 was encoding at while using FDK-AAC.

With a single audio stream speed is same as 0.10.2.