borders/mask and no scale option

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

ty2010
Novice

borders/mask and no scale option

Post by ty2010 »

Tapes still exist sadly and are a PITA already to get transferred. What I'm asking for are two closely related options, if even just CLI.

First would be an option for no scale, set the crop, specify "no scale" (as an option or sub option of existing) and entering w&l would be unnecessary, it would save many unnecessary calculations.

The second, kept simple, would be an auto border. Specify "no scale" and set a w&l and the excess would automatically be centered, masked black. Definitely not asking for endless user options here, strict KISS adherent myself.

With these two the tape noise could be cut off so deinterlacers and the like function properly and the remaining image would not suffer further border loss if being fed to a CRT television (most who watch old home and other movies are older and is what they still have). Had an elderly relative recently that was bought a newer television, she didn't like all the menus, options that kept popping up so she sent it to the back room "for the kids" and got another CRT tv at a garage sale.

The holiday season is coming up so I thought of this, that's when the requests start coming in from relatives so there's a choice between football or home movies.

*Maybe even just use the crop info for border, the cropped areas just become a black mask area.
Deleted User 11865

Re: borders/mask and no scale option

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

"no scale" already exists and is called --strict-anamorphic
ty2010
Novice

Re: borders/mask and no scale option

Post by ty2010 »

I suppose that is true, I've spent too much time reframing and sizing for custom anamorphic lately to remember that. So I guess that just leaves the border thing. The very simplest would be a save frame which would just use the crop settings as a fill area.