[Accepted] anymore news regadring NNEDI3 being ported

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Registered55
Enlightened

[Accepted] anymore news regadring NNEDI3 being ported

Post by Registered55 »

thought i'll see if there's been any more developments regarding NNEDI3 porting, tried the new bobbing handbrake nightly has, quite frankly it's not that good when compared to something like "yadifdmod+NNEDI3" combo,

given the speed and quality gain that the above combo gives over anything hanbrake has right now, it surly still makes handbrakes deinterlacing abilities moot on the grand stage so to speak. (when decomb fails to catch all interlaced fields that is, and manual method needs to be used)

i really look forward to the day when Handbrake can do the "yadifmod+NNEDI3" combo, and those who really want the very best would use "eedi2+nnedi3" combo however the latter one though would be over kill for most stuff and would need one hell of a CPU because of the really bad performance EEDI2 gives.

last i heard on this forum was that NNEDI3 can be used (allowed), and is just the question of being ported over, any news on that front?
Last edited by Registered55 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 11865

Re: anymore news regadring NNEDI3 being ported

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It's buried somewhere on my TO-DO list. No time for it yet, I'm afraid.
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

hey, i'm just glad that it's on your todo list, things can so easily be lost......

i'll book mark this thread and resurrect it in six months if ok, else start new thread?
Deleted User 11865

6 months sounds fine, thanks.
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

Bump, NNEDI3 being supported, Lol

See you at Christmas.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Yeh. Way to much other stuff on the go at the moment im afriad. Unless someone contributes a patch that is
Deleted User 11865

Registered55 wrote:Bump, NNEDI3 being supported, Lol

See you at Christmas.
Hehe. With OpenCL, Quick Sync Video, avformat muxing and fixing bugs, there's plenty to do for more than one developer I'm afraid.
Registered55
Enlightened

Re: anymore news regarding NNEDI3 being ported

Post by Registered55 »

Happy xmas to you all and a very happy bump bump....

See you in 6 months....
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

6 Months already, gawd :(
Yeh, Sadly Santa was too busy this year. Maybe next :P (unless ofc someone gets board at the weekend ?)
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

i2 is slow as snails. Doubt i3 would be much improvement.
Deleted User 11865

There's some assembly, if we can port that too, maybe it'll be a tad better.

Probably can't be worse than mcdeint anyway.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

For the absolute slowest, best-est deinterlace bundle, QTGMC probably is probably where it's at right now (I hope it never makes its way into Handbrake.)
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

it's that time again, bumpity bump bump bump my friends.

interestingly someone as now ported it over to AVS x64.... (although not relevant to that many people, i do find it interesting that someone would do this)

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170083
Registered55
Enlightened

Re: [Accepted] anymore news regadring NNEDI3 being ported

Post by Registered55 »

Ho Ho Ho my friends.... "not him again", "i know i'm a bad penny", "and i just won't flush"?

Another year, and another bump for a request of a combo of yadifmod+nnedi3.

I have played with the Bobbing de-interlace (and no surprise, very dumb!!!), fixes the jerk effect granted "50 fps, of course it would really", but now leaves the lovely bobbing up and down all through the title in question "OUCH!"

anyway, handbrake has come along greatly this year, congrats all round, even introduced x265. Happy Christmas to all, and lets hope 2015 will be as kind to handbrake as 2014 has been.

p.s.

for the record (replying to above post), QTGMC is made up of several tools, and a very powerful avisynth script... forgetting the script (not relevant here), looking at just the tools from QTGMC, it can be argued that the most significant tool in QTGMC package is arguably nnedi2 / nnedi3. What i'm getting as is, if there was one tool from that package that was chosen to be ported over, i think it would be hard pressed for anyone to argue against it being nnedi3, because to my knowledge handbrake already has yadifmod capability (right?), and these two tools alone produces incredible results for such high level of speed (especially on modern day CPU's), and 50fps output can also be achieved of course with this combo to eliminate the jerk effect "in case anyone was wondering".

anyway, another 6 months, hopefully i'll be around to say another "Ho hey".

Until then, have a great new year to you all.
Deleted User 11865

LOL. At the rate I'm going through my TO-DO list, this won't happen before 2017 :(
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

I know I know I know, i'm annoying....but honest.

how's that 2017 projection looking.... don't tell me.... you lost the list... so i guest 2018 and looking on the positive side, we may have NNEDI 4 by then LOL :lol: :roll:
Deleted User 11865

We'll see. Anyone is free to beat me to it anytime.
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

I bet you thought I forgot all about my Lovely NNEDI3 request... as if I would.

A big hello from the windy south of England to you all....
(oops, nearly forgot... my Six month bump)
Deleted User 11865

LOL.

I wonder if we could port it to avfilter, since John's work lets us use almost any avfilter video filter :)
Marsu42

Post by Marsu42 »

Registered55 wrote:I bet you thought I forgot all about my Lovely NNEDI3 request... as if I would.
I'm following this thread closely since the start (well, ok, not exactly :-p) but having the best avisynth stuff inside hb would be lovely as these filter combinations are the few things that rival the best commercial implementations. It's a pity they linger in nerds' obscurity and not make it into other popular open source software.

Could you please do another thread an lobby for vp9 inclusion (aka "I don't care about the fps, just add it, will you")?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Marsu42 wrote:Could you please do another thread an lobby for vp9 inclusion (aka "I don't care about the fps, just add it, will you")?
Such a thread already exists.
Registered55
Enlightened

Post by Registered55 »

hi all,

can anyone give me a possible combination that can give me similar results to the above combination.. so I'm looking for the following.

De-interlace with 50fps option high quality, no regard to speed as I'm only doing DVD's resolution.

I don't use bobbing as it's appalling, you can easily see the HORRIBLE bobbing effect on the video.

so, I'm thinking the EEDI option, but does anyone know the custom option parameters I need for the above request... or something as close as possible.... but I definitely want the 50fps option, I don't want to drop any frames.

Thanks.