Blackberry Pearl

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Blackberry Pearl

Blackberry Pearl

Post by Blackberry Pearl »

I have been trying to rip a couple of DVDs for my BB Pearl. I was most successful with the avi files. Older DVDs rip nicely with the latest beta, however, when it comes to newer DVDs, it all fails. I do not know what gives. Can anybody help? And if anybody is reading this who is a developer for HandBrake, I tell you this: this an awesome program! Please keep at it and make it better. There is nothing out there currently that will record good quality avi for the BB Pearl. A lot of people are looking and I have looked everywhere. Can't find any. HB is great, just if it would work for new videos. Please, do something so we can record new DVDs as avi for the pearl. Thanks very much! :cry:
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

This sounds like a copy protection issue. Please see the "will not rip" sticky thread in the Support forum for details.

Rodney
Blackberry Pearl

Blackberry Pearl

Post by Blackberry Pearl »

It is not a protection issue because it happens even if you use some software to remove the protection. (MacTheRipper). So it is something else. Buth thanks for the idea
baggss

Post by baggss »

Interestingly enough, my wife gave a copy of a movie she ripped with the iPod Low-Rez preset to her boss. It plays fine on his Blackberry Pearl, despite the fact that Blackberries support site says nothing about H.264 support (it only talks about H.263 support).
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

You perhaps used the old - freely available - version of MacTheRipper, which will likely also choke on the copy protection of new DVDs.
koset

Re: Blackberry Pearl

Post by koset »