Default output path

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

leon

Default output path

Post by leon »

MediaFork 0.8.0b1 keeps reverting to a default output directory on my Desktop. Perhaps a bug? Otherwise, I have a feature request:

Please add a preference to specify the default output directory (path portion leading up to the auto-generated filename).

When someone changes the output directory portion of the filename on the main MF screen, please remember the last-chosen output directory; treat this as a persistent run-time override of the default output directory from preferences. The run-time output-directory override should remain in effect until the output directory path is again changed or MF is restarted (and defaults to the value from preferences, again).
baggss

Post by baggss »

This is not a bug, it is as designed. You can manually change the path in the text box. This has been brought up before, with the limitations you mentioned. The default path will reset each time you select a new DVD to rip, but not if you are selecting chapters/episodes within a DVD.

I think there is a ticket on this, but I don't know what upgrade it is slated for or what the priority is.
leon

Post by leon »

Okay, stands as a FEATURE REQUEST.

It's very very annoying to have to change the path 60 times when setting up a queue for that many movies... My Desktop is NOT on the drive where there's ample space to output that much content.

Adding the dynamic filename generation only solved half the battle, here, if I must keep fiddling with the first part of the path for each moving going into the queue.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

leon wrote:Okay, stands as a FEATURE REQUEST.

It's very very annoying to have to change the path 60 times when setting up a queue for that many movies...
Agreed. I'll add it to the Trac when I have time. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement (of course, now that I said that, it will be...).