HandBrake Forum related...

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

risck
Novice

HandBrake Forum related...

Post by risck »

Two things first this is a slight continuation of my last post here. Also I've done no research on this but this isn't a pie in the sky idea...

Is it possible to have phpBB require all new users, defined by any arbitrary number... lets say 10 post or less... to always preview before posting, mainly any new topic? If so...

Is it possible to modify preview pages? If might it be worth while to set that up... and between the preview and the topic edit area exist a search box... and in said search box is the entered subject... with maybe a note asking the user to search before posting?

Just an idea... and like I said no research behind this just an idea that might be useful long term :)
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

We briefly chatted recently about modifying the forum because I wanted to put a "read the faq" banner in it. General consensus was not to spend time doing it because it'd likely still be ignored (some people just aren't interested in helping themselves), although if anyone on the team wants to make changes I'd be happy to look into it myself.
risck
Novice

Post by risck »

:oops: From http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2387 :oops:
jbrjake wrote:7. Do not cross post. You only need to post once and in the correct forum. Be patient for a response.

Please discuss this in the Requests section where risck first posted. Locking this to keep conversation in one place.
Does anyone listen to c|net's Buzz Out Loud because... I'm about to do a well actually...

I deleted this thread... or so I thought as I thought posting in General might a better place for this... must have dreaming about hitting that x my bad.
risck
Novice

Post by risck »

hawkman wrote:We briefly chatted recently about modifying the forum because I wanted to put a "read the faq" banner in it. General consensus was not to spend time doing it because it'd likely still be ignored (some people just aren't interested in helping themselves), although if anyone on the team wants to make changes I'd be happy to look into it myself.
Okay apparently I can't use a computer tonight... as I thought I also posted this reply... :?

While I would tend to agree the page is not a full proof method... What is the magic ratio for this to make sense? If reducing the steps need to complete a task supposedly increases accessibility, I would conclude the inverse is also true. In this case reducing the initial accessibility to support reduce the support request, and in turn reduce frustration with duplicated treads/discussions (I know I know of all topics to make that argument :oops: )

:P Now where can I find an FAQ on HOWTO sleep? 8)