With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

Ability to pause individual items in queue

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules

Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.

- This forum is now closed to new topics.
- Existing topics will remain open for a short while as the transition over occurs.
purevw

Ability to pause individual items in queue

Post by purevw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

The title says it all. It would be nice if a person were able to pause individual items in the queue. If I have 20 items in the queue and decide to temporarily stop after item 15, the only option I have is to either sit there and pause the conversion immediately after the previous file finishes, or delete the last entries and re-add them later. I saw in another request that a person suggested icons in the toolbar for moving files within the queue. Icons would be a very easy way to accomplish many things. A person could highlight the desired file or files, then pause, restart, cancel, or move them as he or she pleases. The Firefox plug-in "downthemall" has a very nice GUI that has the features I am talking about.

blurtrousers

Re: Ability to pause individual items in queue

Post by blurtrousers » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:59 pm

This is already available in the Mac version, and given the ease of process suspension on Unix/Linux systems, I assume the Linux version does as well. But windows is a different beast; the only thing i could find capable of pausing processes is Free Process Freezer. However, while it works in XP and Vista, it does not appear to work in Windows 7 64-bit, whether that's a Windows 7 or 64-bit limitation, I don't know.