[Rejected] Forced Chapter markers

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

tweeks

[Rejected] Forced Chapter markers

Post by tweeks »

Would be cool to have the ability to add chapter markers every x minutes (for files that come in a single chapter.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Forced Chapter markers

Post by s55 »

This has previously been rejected. HandBrake is not aiming to do the job of post-processing tools. (which will always do a far better job given that's what they are designed for)
tweeks

Re: [Rejected] Forced Chapter markers

Post by tweeks »

S55 - My mistake if I didn't make it clear, but I meant a very simple feature. Currently where you open a dvd the chapter markers are added to the file and this is very cool.

But if you open a file instead and encode that, normally that file is just a single chapter, so therefore the output would be to.

I think you are saying that you could use a separate tool to 'edit' the output file and put chapter markers in specific places, which is an option.

What I am suggesting is that when you go to the 'chapters' tab in handbrake, that you'd have an option to add chapter markers at set intervals, rather than specific points, this would just make navigating the movie easier when playing back on an iPad or AppleTV, so you could jump forwards or backwards by say 10 minutes.

I hope my request makes more sense now, apologies if this is not a good feature idea!

BTW Handbrake is EXCELLENT anyway, but just thought this may make it slightly better!
rogue23
Enlightened

Post by rogue23 »

And there are other tools that provide this ability in a much more flexible capacity than anything that Handbrake would/should provide as a video encoding tool.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

Subler on the Mac has this ability now IIRC.