Applescript for EYETV to H.264

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mcdirt

Applescript for EYETV to H.264

Post by mcdirt »

Hi,

I use EYETV to record TV on a MAC-Mini and it is great except the files are very big and EYETV doesn't convert + delete the ortiginal automatically, the quality of compressed files is also maybe not so good in EYETV. I'd like to try using Handbrake CLI to run once a day (2am say) and simply convert any EYETV file in one folder to H.264 and then delete the original. That would be fantastic but I cannot find and Scripts to do only that - anyone have a similar script or know where to find one?

Thanks for any help
rgds
mcdirt
DriverJC

Re: Applescript for EYETV to H.264

Post by DriverJC »

you didn't specify what device you wanted to convert it to so I went with a default preset

Code: Select all

handbrakecli="<path to handbrakecli>"
watchfolder="<path to watchfolder>" #i.e. /Users/Username/Movies/eyetv"
destinationfolder="<Path to destination folder without the following />" #i.e. /Users/Username/Movies/convert"
for SOURCE in "$watchfolder" ; do
filename=$(basename "$SOURCE" )
"$handbrakecli" -i "$SOURCE" -o "$destinationfolder/$filename.mp4" -Z "iPod Touch"
#delete the original file if the destination file exists"
if [ -f "$destinationfolder/$filename.mp4" ] ; then
rm -v "$SOURCE"
fi
done
Could be something like this.
BE ADVISED: I have not tested this and you will probably get script errors so you need to troubleshoot it.

After getting this to run using terminal then set up a calendar appointment that runs the script at 2am every night.

also, this really should be in a different forum, and this forum is for requests for features to be added to the program.

joel
eddyg
Veteran User

Post by eddyg »

I did this a long time ago, haven't used it for a while. Take a look at http://www.myreflection.org/Reflection/ ... eyetv.html
chico

Post by chico »

eddyg: that link is no longer valid. I'm gathering all the Handbrake-EyeTV-Applescript info I can...have you moved your page elsewhere?