Yet another wishlist

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mighty-joe

Yet another wishlist

Post by mighty-joe »

Hi there! First, its nice to see that HB/MF is being actively developed.

Still, a few things i'm still missing:

First, support for, lets say, temporary subtitles. You know these subtitles, that don't appear always, but for example, if they speak some foreign language?
Like in Last Samurai, subtitles when they speak japanese, no subtitles else.

Second, support for chapters.

I think, this should be no big deal at all. Since DVDs already have chapter-markings, they could be used for chaptering, or am i getting something wrong?

Third, Support for Seasons on DVD.

Let's say, im poppin in a dvd from some tv show...
i'd like to check some checkbox and mf automaticly puts all episodes on this dvd into the qeue with the settings i made once.

Fourth,

Defaults.

I'm using nearly always the same encoding settings. So it'd be nice to save them somewhere for usage as defaults.

--EDIT--
Fifth,

I'd like to have the qeue-view to display which language has been selected for encoding.
So, thats what crossed my mind.

But, thanks anyway for continuing development on HB/MF!

Cheers, joe
Ali

Re: Yet another wishlist

Post by Ali »

mighty-joe wrote:First, support for, lets say, temporary subtitles. You know these subtitles, that don't appear always, but for example, if they speak some foreign language?
Like in Last Samurai, subtitles when they speak japanese, no subtitles else
Those are usually stored as either a seperate subtitle track (often the last one and will also be named 'English') or they'll be hard-subbed onto the DVD video itself. It's much more likely to be the former though, especially if the DVD contains other language audio tracks, so you should just be able to select the subtitle track that only contains subtitles for non-english parts of the film. The best way to determine which subtitle track this is, is to open up the DVD with VLC and try out the subtitles tracks. Find which one in the list is the one you want and just use that one in MediaFork.
mighty-joe

Post by mighty-joe »

Man... thanks for this. The tip with VLC is so obvious, that it was almost certain, i'd ingnore this possibility. Thanks alot!

Cheers, joe