Queue enhancements/Save Queue

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Peter000

Queue enhancements/Save Queue

Post by Peter000 »

I'd love to be able to save my queue as a job, so I can quit Handbrake and recall it later if I don't have time to do the conversion at the time I make my queue.

It would be great to be able to edit stuff that's in the queue, change encoding settings, filenames and so on. I'm always making mistakes in file naming, and it would be cool to be able to correct that without deleting an entry and setting it all up again.

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but the ability to re-order the queue on the fly, even in the middle of a conversion process, would be excellent. (pause, bring up queue, reorder the list, start up again).
zen649

Post by zen649 »

It also would be nice to have handbrake display which task it is currently working on.

I agree with the other request for the queue as well.
iSAWaUFO
Novice

Re: Queue enhancements/Save Queue

Post by iSAWaUFO »

I agree. My list of jobs can run for days and sometimes I need to reboot.
I wish the queue was persistent so that jobs could be restarted in case of a crash or reboot.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Right, this has been mentioned before. Duly noted.
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

A small addition to this is. the ability to remove finished items from the queue list.
I know a few versions back this happened automatically, and I see the need to have it stay after it's finished, but if you encode like I do after a while you have more finished items than to-do items.... and you have to search for where the encode is in the list. something minor, thats all.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

k. just to be clear though, I said it was duly noted, not that it was coming any time soon ;) . There are alot bigger fish to fry to be sure.
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

No prob, It was just something small that really is not important. I understand you have much more important stuff to work on b4 this.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

ssj2_goha wrote:A small addition to this is. the ability to remove finished items from the queue list.
I know a few versions back this happened automatically, and I see the need to have it stay after it's finished, but if you encode like I do after a while you have more finished items than to-do items.... and you have to search for where the encode is in the list. something minor, thats all.
Um, this already works for me... highlight the item(s) in the queue and hit the delete key. Stoopid mousie, unless there's a shiny button people think the functionality isn't there... ;)
ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

TedJ wrote:
ssj2_goha wrote:A small addition to this is. the ability to remove finished items from the queue list.
Um, this already works for me... highlight the item(s) in the queue and hit the delete key. Stoopid mousie, unless there's a shiny button people think the functionality isn't there... ;)
Well now I feel stupid for not trying that...... So simple yet soooooo hard. BAKA!(me)
Anyways thanks for the tip
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

ssj2_goha
Enlightened

Post by ssj2_goha »

thats good to hear. I look forward to it.
iSAWaUFO
Novice

Post by iSAWaUFO »

Thank you!! This will be an awesome enhancement. :D
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

zool

Post by zool »

Any chance we can have this on the Linux Version?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

afaik it is available in the lingui as well.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

yes, it is