[Future] Que button that allows you to select multiple files

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mikeloeven

[Future] Que button that allows you to select multiple files

Post by mikeloeven »

i have had no major issues with this software but there is a bit of a odd file selection system. i watch alot of anime and living in america i can only really download them as a folder full of individual files purchased from sites like anime access or crunchyroll. there needs to be an add to que option that allows you to select multiple files at the same time and or add an entire folder to the que using the current settings by folder i mean a normal folder containing video files and not a TS. as it is it is a real annoyance when you have a 100+ eppisode anime that you need to convert to cell phone size by clicking one file at a time
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: add to que button that allows you to select multiple fil

Post by TedJ »

The nightly builds (see the announcement at the top of each forum page) allow you to open a folder and each file is then presented as a "title" like you'd find on a DVD... you still have enqueue each title separately, but your selected preset is preserved across titles and you do avoid the open file dialogue.
computer_guru7

Re: [Future] Que button that allows you to select multiple f

Post by computer_guru7 »

I would also like this feature to be added. I am using the latest nightly build and I enjoy being able to add all the files in a folder to the title drop down in the GUI. However, I would really like a button that says "Add all titles to Queue"
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Numerous other things have to drop in place before this will be implemented. As the title says, this is something that will come in the future.
mikeloeven

Post by mikeloeven »

well actually the selected tracks and selected subtitles do get reset when you go to the next title. for example if your downconverting an anime with english DUB and want to Remove subtitles Completely. you will have to go into the subtitle tab for each title and delete the track or once you que title 2 it will automatically add the first subtitle track it detects.

also with dual audio the language for the audio track will alwas default to the one track that matches your prefered language.

but what would save alot of time would just be a global setting to keep all tracks :P if you just doing something simple like changing the resolution of an encoding there is no reason to even be messing with the other tracks they should all just be kept
westhard

Post by westhard »

i'm eagerly awaiting this option add folder to que with global settings iv got thousands of files need converting in hundred packs but adding them from the drop down makes my eyes water after a wile an il end up with RSI in my mouse hand :)
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

This is available in the Windows nightlies.

If you set up a preset that you want to use for a large number of files, add the folder, and then from the Add to queue button, there is a add all files option. However, Handbrake still assumes that the user doesn't rip files consistently, and will ignore multiple audio tracks, so if you need to set something up with multiple audio tracks you have to do it one file at a time.

SC