A "Save" Option

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

baggss

A "Save" Option

Post by baggss »

I think this may already be in the works, but I'd like to see a save option that would let me set the default video and audio settings and then always have those load when I start up MF.

For example, I am ripping for the iPod at 1500kbs, but am still using 320x240 video (it saves space and rips much faster). The default is 640x480 so I have to change every video to 320x240. The Save option would allow me to set MF so it always defaults to 320x240, 1500kbs. x264 (iPod) when I open it up.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: A "Save" Option

Post by jbrjake »

baggss wrote:I think this may already be in the works, but I'd like to see a save option that would let me set the default video and audio settings and then always have those load when I start up MF.
Yeah, it's in the works for 0.9.0:
http://mediafork.dynalias.com/trac/ticket/36

dynaflash could very well have it ready before then, though....
Durendal

Post by Durendal »

That would be great, but not just as a default config option, but a preset list. Simply select one from a floating window or spot on the main window to bring up any saved configuration.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Durendal wrote:That would be great, but not just as a default config option, but a preset list. Simply select one from a floating window or spot on the main window to bring up any saved configuration.
That is what I linked to. It's a Trac ticket entitled "Presets."

It might be a floating window, it might a drawer, it might be a drop-down menu. Hasn't been finalized yet.