[Not Planned] detachable toolbar (allows lower vertical res)

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Statick

[Not Planned] detachable toolbar (allows lower vertical res)

Post by Statick »

i know this one's come up before, and i know the response is likely to be the same as for previous posts... nevertheless i'm going to say it

i run my system in 1024x576. this is the largest resolution that users of old-fashioned large widescreen CRT sets can use, that has the correct aspect ratio. and handbrake won't run on this, it demands i have a minimum vertical resolution of 620. i have to bump the resolution up to 1024x768 to encode stuff, and back down to 1024x576 to watch it (and not do the two at the same time, which is difficult to say the least).

i appreciate the GUI is crowded already, and that nobody wants to completely redesign it, and that's fine. i'm talking about 50 pixels here. i'm not asking for netbook compatibility, for resolutions like 800x600 or 640x480. i mean a space the size of the toolbar icons being reclaimed by, say, optionally detaching the toolbar, say by double clicking it, like some other programs allow. doing that would allow the GUI to shrink by about 50 pixels vertically, allowing it to run comfortably in 1024x576, and allowing me to run handbrake on my widescreen CRT based HTPC.

THAT would be, well, just brilliant.

(i'm not planning to buy a new HD flatscreen set in any hurry, so anyone planning on replying "just get a new set dude" can gtfo... i don't have a spare £500 lying around and i'm not likely to in the foreseeable future)
RandomEngy
Novice

Re: [Not Planned] detachable toolbar (allows lower vertical

Post by RandomEngy »

You could try the VidCoder HandBrake frontend. Its minimum vertical resolution is below 500 on all windows.