Convert more than just DVD->MPEG-4?

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

ToastTheif

Convert more than just DVD->MPEG-4?

Post by ToastTheif »

I remember hearing about handbrake way back when it was only for MAC and I thought it could convert most formats to iPod compatible stuff. But now that I finally got around to trying it on PC it seems you can only do DVD->iPod?

I read the site and FAQ and all that and saw nothing about this except
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows
which makes me think my request will never happen, but I was just wondering if there are future plans for like .avi->ipod so I can convert my home videos and whatnot.

Otherwise I suppose I can stick to Videora for those jobs, I mean what works, works.
baggss

Post by baggss »

I do not think there are any plans for that.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Vob & mpeg-ts input support should be coming sometime soon.

As for AVI's etc. Thats not on the drawing board but not impossible if someone takes an interest and develops the code for it.
ToastTheif

Post by ToastTheif »

Thanks for the info, Im glad to hear at least .vob support is being added. But what exactly is mpeg-ts?

Hopefully eventually more and more formats will be supported :)
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

mpeg-ts refers to Transport Streams, those are used in digital (TV)broadcasting. (e.g. DVB)
raducoc

Post by raducoc »

sr55 wrote:Vob & mpeg-ts input support should be coming sometime soon.

As for AVI's etc. Thats not on the drawing board but not impossible if someone takes an interest and develops the code for it.
An option to convert vob & mpeg-ts will be very apreciated. I have an entire colection of recordings in mpeg-ts format and I want to transform them into mpeg4.