iTunes meta tags info

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

risck
Novice

iTunes meta tags info

Post by risck »

I'm starting to rip my old DVD's so I can play them on my apple tv... I had a few problems with the beta (the thing just stops encoding...) so I built my own... well thats another story...

On to my request I started backing up my TV shows first... short encode times allows me to play with setting and how it looks on the Apple TV... but everything shows up under Movies and well these are TV shows. Wouldn't it be great if HandBrake would let me set the meta info... I could enter in the show name and episodes number... even its name.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: iTunes meta tags info

Post by dynaflash »

risck wrote:I'm starting to rip my old DVD's so I can play them on my apple tv... I had a few problems with the beta (the thing just stops encoding...) so I built my own... well thats another story...

On to my request I started backing up my TV shows first... short encode times allows me to play with setting and how it looks on the Apple TV... but everything shows up under Movies and well these are TV shows. Wouldn't it be great if HandBrake would let me set the meta info... I could enter in the show name and episodes number... even its name.
This has been asked before many times in the forums (use search for those threads) there are no plans whatsoever for now to make HB an itunes metatag tool. There are tools out there designed just for that purpose, and they do it well.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Dynaflash summed it up perfectly.

For more, see:
http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/wiki/IsIsnt

I don't feel like having this discussion again -- locking.