Rip Audio Only

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

kuffara

Rip Audio Only

Post by kuffara »

Ripping the audio directly from the DVD would be very, very useful (if anyone knows a freeware mac program that already does this, please let me know).
fullerflyer
Novice

Re: Rip Audio Only

Post by fullerflyer »

kuffara wrote:Ripping the audio directly from the DVD would be very, very useful (if anyone knows a freeware mac program that already does this, please let me know).
Audio Hijack works...
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Or 0SeX or Mpeg Streamclip or mencoder or MactheRipper or any number of other tools.

It's been done, it's done well, not really sure why HB should do it.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

jbrjake wrote:Or 0SeX or Mpeg Streamclip or mencoder or MactheRipper or any number of other tools.

It's been done, it's done well, not really sure why HB should do it.
HB could do it in one step and has the benefits of the queue.
fullerflyer
Novice

Post by fullerflyer »

cbud wrote:HB could do it in one step and has the benefits of the queue.
...I would also like to see this.

As mentioned there are bunch of other programs that do it, but none simply and in one step. It seems like it would be an easy thing to do for the programmers, and for those like me who especially like to encode audio only from music/concert DVD's, this would be a huge plus!
bdfortin

Post by bdfortin »

This could be really useful if you already have a movie ripped and want to add the commentary without having to re-rip the entire movie.

It might also be useful for those movies where the sound cuts off at random parts, and you don't feel like re-ripping the whole movie.
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

It may also be useful a function to simply add or substitute an audio track to an existing mp4-file...