simplified options

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

joshysquashy

simplified options

Post by joshysquashy »

you should have simple options such as convert for ipod, iphone, apple tv etc. these could have a slider going from low to high quality and all other settings are set from this.

as far as iphone is concerned, nobody knows what type of video is best for iphone, but it should definately be added as soon as poss.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: simplified options

Post by jbrjake »

joshysquashy wrote:you should have simple options such as convert for ipod, iphone, apple tv etc. these could have a slider going from low to high quality and all other settings are set from this.
We're working on this =)

I hope you've checked out Instant HandBrake / Instant MediaFork. It offers simple options for converting to iPod. It's pretty much one click.

We're still hammering out exactly how to offer presets for converting to iPod, apple tv, etc, but it's definitely coming.
as far as iphone is concerned, nobody knows what type of video is best for iphone, but it should definately be added as soon as poss.
Exactly, no one knows for sure what is best for it yet. We've got a better lock on Apple TV support. Both are priorities (the TV moreso, because it'll be hard to test compatibility for the iPhone without, you know, forking over an insane amount of cash and changing cell phone networks ;> )
joshysquashy

Re: simplified options

Post by joshysquashy »

jbrjake wrote: I hope you've checked out Instant HandBrake / Instant MediaFork. It offers simple options for converting to iPod. It's pretty much one click.
I have tried Instant HandBrake, where can I get Instant MediaFork from? look forward to the first public release! any idea how far it is away?