Save Deinterlace setting in custom Preset

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

iSAWaUFO
Novice

Save Deinterlace setting in custom Preset

Post by iSAWaUFO »

I notice this in 0.9.3 and also observe in SVN 2845, that the Deinterlace setting is not saved in the custom presets created by the user. I think it would be nice if it saved. Most DVDs seem to be interlaced and I like to deinterlace them. I always click my custom preset, but I often forget to manually change the deinterlace setting after launching HB and have to go back and redo the encode when I see the jagged lines during fast motion.

Sorry if anyone has already requested this. I tried checking the planned enhancements but those pages get errors when I try to view them. (Must be server problem)
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Save Deinterlace setting in custom Preset

Post by dynaflash »

well, when you save you're custom preset you have to check the box that says "use current filters" in order for whatever filters you have enabled to be saved. has worked since 0.9.3.
iSAWaUFO
Novice

Post by iSAWaUFO »

My humble thanks and apologies for not seeing this.
L255J
Novice

Post by L255J »

dynaflash wrote:well, when you save you're custom preset you have to check the box that says "use current filters" in order for whatever filters you have enabled to be saved. has worked since 0.9.3.
and has been broken since 0.9.4, at least on the 64-bit Mac end.
tadhgadams

Post by tadhgadams »

L255J wrote:
dynaflash wrote:well, when you save you're custom preset you have to check the box that says "use current filters" in order for whatever filters you have enabled to be saved. has worked since 0.9.3.
I've been using it without issue on the 64-bit Mac end.
L255J
Novice

Post by L255J »

tadhgadams wrote:
L255J wrote:
I've been using it without issue on the 64-bit Mac end.
I wish I knew why. It doesn't work for me. Either for 0.9.4 or the lastest SVN, both 64-bit Mac builds. I even deleted the old preferences and cache and all such other application support, but it just doesn't work.
tadhgadams

Post by tadhgadams »

L255J wrote: I wish I knew why. It doesn't work for me. Either for 0.9.4 or the lastest SVN, both 64-bit Mac builds. I even deleted the old preferences and cache and all such other application support, but it just doesn't work.

Issues with all picture filters in custom presets or just Deinterlace? I do know there's an issue with deinterlace in that you have to set decomb to off before setting the slider to deinterlace.
L255J
Novice

Post by L255J »

tadhgadams wrote:
L255J wrote: I wish I knew why. It doesn't work for me. Either for 0.9.4 or the lastest SVN, both 64-bit Mac builds. I even deleted the old preferences and cache and all such other application support, but it just doesn't work.

Issues with all picture filters in custom presets or just Deinterlace? I do know there's an issue with deinterlace in that you have to set decomb to off before setting the slider to deinterlace.
Thank you so much! The issue you described was the very one that caused the problem.