Change the Encode Finish sound.

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

nikpawlak

Change the Encode Finish sound.

Post by nikpawlak »

There should be a different alert sound played when an encode is finished. The current one sounds like the Default Error Alert sound on OS X. A better option would be to use the "Glass" as it sounds like a dinner bell which is used to signify when an order is ready. Or even the "Hero" sound as it sounds dissimilar from the Default OS X alert sound.
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Re: Change the Encode Finish sound.

Post by Da Man »

I vote for something like a bartender screaming last call.
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

On second thought, my wife just called to remind me that my mother-in-law is coming over for dinner this weekend. Would anyone prefer a recording of a banshee-like wail?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

My personal preference would be a recording of Steve Jobs saying: "And boom! Your HandBrake queue is done!"
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

Or Jobs saying, "It's a big bag of hurt"? Or the ultimate Jobs saying "One more thing..."

Still, I'm partial to the banshee-like wail. Once you hear it, it becomes very hard to ignore. Kind of like a drill bit boring into your forehead. Trust me; you'll always know that your encode is finished. It's even known to make your $crotum shrink on occasion.
L255J
Novice

Post by L255J »

nikpawlak wrote:There should be a different alert sound played when an encode is finished. The current one sounds like the Default Error Alert sound on OS X. A better option would be to use the "Glass" as it sounds like a dinner bell which is used to signify when an order is ready. Or even the "Hero" sound as it sounds dissimilar from the Default OS X alert sound.
I like your logic that glass sounds like a dinner bell, signifying a readied order. However, while it would be more appropriate, I think "Glass" just sounds ugly. Period.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

I hate thunks, bongs and dinks of any description... that's why I use growl. :P