How to choose left or right audio channel for vcd

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

marek

How to choose left or right audio channel for vcd

Post by marek »

sadly, I need to rip VCDs for apple tv use, but there appears no setting that allows me to select right or left audio channel. I ripped one VCD and have both languages when playing and can only use TV balance to choose L or R (but I still get small bleed of other channel)
this is necessary as VCDs seem to have different language on L & R

thanks in advance
rhester
Veteran User

Re: How to choose left or right audio channel for vcd

Post by rhester »

Moving to Ponies.

Rodney
marek

Post by marek »

thanks but I kinda missed what you mean. I guess you refer to other app.

so, no switches in Handbrake to choose only L or R audio channel?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Not at the moment. I doubt it will be a very high priority for inclusion, as only VCD's adopted this practice.

As a workaround you could demux your finished encodes, split the audio using an audio editor such as Audacity, then remux the edited audio back into the video.
marek

Post by marek »

OK. seems clear that I need additional apps for the low end of the video quality curve.
many thanks for feedback.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

marek wrote:thanks but I kinda missed what you mean. I guess you refer to other app.
Actually, "ponies" are feature requests (I think). But, as TedJ pointed out, it's not likely to get implemented in HandBrake anytime soon, so you'll have to encode stereo and use other apps post-encode (or, if you find one, use an app that supports the workflow you're looking for).
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

TedJ wrote:Not at the moment. I doubt it will be a very high priority for inclusion, as only VCD's adopted this practice.

As a workaround you could demux your finished encodes, split the audio using an audio editor such as Audacity, then remux the edited audio back into the video.
At least over here it's also used for TV broadcast. E.g. the original ton is on one channel and the live dubbing on the other.
ncc1701d

Post by ncc1701d »

For what it's worth, if the developers are bored and can squeeze the ability to do this (output left or right side only) - that would be great :)