the ability to share presets

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

obvious

the ability to share presets

Post by obvious »

Will we be able to share presets with other handbrake users in a future release? It would be much appreciated.
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

How hard is it to paste some x264 options in an email and send it? Everything else is point and click.
obvious

Post by obvious »

when it comes to sharing these settings with the less technically apt, it's not as easy as one would think.
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

obvious wrote:when it comes to sharing these settings with the less technically apt, it's not as easy as one would think.
You mean like, your grandpa or little sister? Your right, but I think generally, video encoding requires some technical aptitude. I wouldn't recommend it to the "less technically apt".
deckeda
Enlightened

Post by deckeda »

obvious, HB may or may not ever have this feature but in the meantime look for it in your Application Support folder, inside your username's Library. Copy it to the similar location for the additional user on their Mac.

Here's the full path:
jbrjake wrote:~/Library/Application\ Support/HandBrake/UserPresets.plist
Perhaps if cvk_b had been more "technically adept" and less of an asshat he would have helped you.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

deckeda wrote:Perhaps if cvk_b had been more "technically adept" and less of an asshat he would have helped you.
lol. "asshat" I like that one :)
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

deckeda wrote:obvious, HB may or may not ever have this feature but in the meantime look for it in your Application Support folder, inside your username's Library. Copy it to the similar location for the additional user on their Mac.

Here's the full path:
jbrjake wrote:~/Library/Application\ Support/HandBrake/UserPresets.plist
Perhaps if cvk_b had been more "technically adept" and less of an asshat he would have helped you.
Ok. That was funny. And your solution was creative and more helpful than mine by a mile, but still, it was technical.

*runs off to find new hat (and icon).