SUGG: Auto-Name File Save Path by Profile

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

AlienFanatic

SUGG: Auto-Name File Save Path by Profile

Post by AlienFanatic »

Hello,

I apologize in advance if I missed something, as I did in fact search the lists and did not see any topics that resembled this.

As 0.9.4 stands, the default file path for Auto-named files is set for the entire client, so that if I wish to keep separate folders for different rips. Unless I'm mistaken, I must therefore re-edit the option each time I wish to do a new series of encodes to change the file path, move the files by hand afterward, or just turn off Auto-name and name each myself.

I would like to suggest that you tie the Auto-name feature to the profiles somehow, so that if I set up a separate encode profile, it would automatically change the Auto-name file path. I just find that this, coupled with the awesome queue, would make long encode series that much easier. (As to the relocation of the fill-in field, you might be able to move it from the "options" menu down into its own tab below the output settings--unless it's a hellish amount of effort--since it seems like a logical place for it.)

I do love the product (and keep coming back to it after I try every new competitor, including the CUDA-enhanced ones), and I do appreciate the effort that goes into the vast amount of programming. Thanks for reading this.

Regards,
-AF