Advanced Bluray/HDDVD Workflow & Features Discussion

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Advanced Bluray/HDDVD Workflow & Features Discussion

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Couldn't you fix the read-only problem by changing permissions after inserting the disc?

Code: Select all

sudo chmod ugo+rw /dev/disk1 /dev/rdisk1
Cave Man

Post by Cave Man »

I just tried this and it did not work. I changed to disk6 as that's what Disk Utility reported as the drive ID.

sudo chmod ugo+rw /dev/disk6 /dev/rdisk6
mac.jedi
Enlightened

Post by mac.jedi »

Has anyone been having segmentation fault errors when encoding tsMuxer m2ts files with DTS audio?

I use the mac cli and have no issues with svn2412, but sometime after svn2412 something changed. I really want to move to newer version (64-bit especially). I've tried various args with svn2592 and svn2713 and get seg faults every time with dts audio m2ts'. This has happened most recently with Watchmen.

Any thoughts?
tf11

Post by tf11 »

Anyone care to offer opinions on a Windows only workflow?
Starhawk
Experienced

Post by Starhawk »

Has anyone tried Pavtube? It's supposedly a Blu-Ray ripper for Mac. Im guessing it might not be all that great because it's in version 2 and I've never heard anyone mention it before?
Northy
Enlightened

Post by Northy »

Don't bother with it, get MakeMKV which is Free and looks better IMO :)
the-oz-man

Post by the-oz-man »

tf11 wrote:Anyone care to offer opinions on a Windows only workflow?
I have a windows only BD workflow, but it has its limits.

Rip using AnyDVDHD
Use CloneBD to get mt2s file
Use handbrake for whatever output file you want
If you want great metadata, I use MetaX for windows

Short, simple, and sweet. Oh yeah, the limits . . . takes forever (about a 10 - 12 hour process for me per file), no subtitles, no chapters, but great DD and HD video. I use this process for all of my BD movies and TV shows for the sole purpose of AppleTV. Cheers!
Dr.Pepper

Post by Dr.Pepper »

Thank you Nightstrm!
Followed your guide, googled some more info, and made my first Blu—Ray rip.
nightstrm wrote:As more and more of us are starting to encode from Bluray and HDDVD sources, I figured I'd start a thread so we can discuss our strategies/workflows for getting additional information off of the discs and into our encodes. As this is not Handbrake specific, I've put this thread in the Tiki Bar forum. If anyone has any information to add or discuss, please add it to this thread.

My current workflow is:
1.) Rip the disc using AnyDVD HD (Windows).
2.) Use eac3to (Windows) to extract separate audio, video, chapter, and subtitle files.
3.) Use tsMuxeR (Windows) to remux the audio and video into .m2ts.
4.) Use ChapterGrabber (Windows) to convert chapter timing from 24fps to 23.976fps (only HDDVD VC1 sources).
5.) Use suprip (Windows) to convert subtitle track into SRT file (via OCR... lots of hand editing required; can also try to find online).
6.) Use Handbrake (Mac) to encode two videos from .m2ts file, using my slightly modified Universal and AppleTV presets. (preset details here: http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php ... 755#p50133)
7.) Use SubCleaner (Mac) to cleanup SRT for Apple device compatibility.
8.) Use Subler (Mac) to add chapter and subtitle tracks, set HD/SD tags (hdvd, stik, cnID), and other metadata.
9.) Import encoded files into iTunes.
Blu—Ray slim and the disc

HD and SD version of the movie in the same file, that way you don’t need to clutter your library with muliple files of the same movie. And of course, now one can sync the movie with an iPhone.

Soft subtitles. I can enjoy my movie with, or without subtitles.

iTunes thinks the file is bought from Store, funny!

In iPhone
  • Can’t choose secondary soundtrack on iPhone, chapters and subtitles however works flawlessly

In Front Row

Conclusion:
  • The movie does not work in Front Row! Don’t know why. It plays fine in QT X, iTunes and VLC. Other movies encoded with hb works out just fine.
{ebay ad removed}
Last edited by s55 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Ebay Ad
fcmarriott

Post by fcmarriott »

Hey Nightstrm (and everyone else) - based on this discussion, I decided to take the HD plunge. I've ordered an LG GBC-H20L, got Boot Camp up and running on my shiny new Mac Mini (late 2009) and have started the ripping process. I've been successful with the first one, after about 2 weeks of reading and re-reading this posting as well as associated postings. I was wondering if we could get an update on the process? Based on progress and new software, could this:
My current workflow is:
2.) Use eac3to (Windows) to extract separate audio, video, chapter, and subtitle files.
3.) Use tsMuxeR (Windows) to remux the audio and video into .m2ts.
4.) Use ChapterGrabber (Windows) to convert chapter timing from 24fps to 23.976fps (only HDDVD VC1 sources).
5.) Use suprip (Windows) to convert subtitle track into SRT file (via OCR... lots of hand editing required; can also try to find online).
6.) Use Handbrake (Mac) to encode two videos from .m2ts file, using my slightly modified Universal and AppleTV presets. (preset details here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9258&p=49755#p50133)
7.) Use SubCleaner (Mac) to cleanup SRT for Apple device compatibility.
8.) Use Subler (Mac) to add chapter and subtitle tracks, set HD/SD tags (hdvd, stik, cnID), and other metadata.
9.) Import encoded files into iTunes.
Be boiled down a little to:
2.) Use ClownBD to automate/perform eac3to and tsmuxer functions (Windows)
3.) (Required??) Use suprip (Windows) to convert subtitle track into SRT file (via OCR... lots of hand editing required; can also try to find online).
4.) Use Handbrake (Mac) to encode two videos from .m2ts file, using my slightly modified Universal and AppleTV presets. (preset details here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9258&p=49755#p50133)
5.) Use SubCleaner (Mac) to cleanup SRT for Apple device compatibility.
6.) Use MetaX to load up majority of metadata
7.) Use Subler (Mac) to add chapter and subtitle tracks, set HD/SD tags (hdvd, stik, cnID), and other metadata.
8.) Import encoded files into iTunes.

What this allows is really just two steps in Windows, then boot/flip back over to Mac and finish off? Still rather arduous and time consuming (took me about 2-3 hours in Windows, 11 hours to encode the two files in Mac, plus the manual metadata work). Could this also be augmented by the Mac.Jedi posting about automating some of the steps (http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12726, and if so, which ones? It seems the encoding cli settings aren't up to the same rigour as the presets detailed in step 4 above. I'm also not completely convinced the metadata gets everything right, specifically the HD tags and cnID.

Any comments or clarification? Is there any merit to discuss the recommended settings of ClownBD (audio sources, which subtitle tracks to copy)?

All this being said, I'm pretty excited to get HD for my AppleTV and a corresponding SD file for my iPod/iPhone which shows up in iTunes as a single entry. I struggled with that previously, formatting one file for iPod/iPhone and one for AppleTV preset.

Thanks again for the instruction, while my wife wasn't too excited about the associated expenditures, it really does make a difference on the viewing enjoyment. :D
fcmarriott

Post by fcmarriott »

Hello again everyone. Quick question - wasn't as successful as I thought.

Can play HD file, after encoding, on my computer via Quicktime, in HD, looks pretty damn good. Won't sync to my AppleTV, the ATV pukes and says "Video Format is not supported". I was under the impression that all that was needed was to drop the width to 720 for ATV video format.

Anyone see anything wrong here?

http://yfrog.com/9gscreenshot20091107at857p

Other thoughts?
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Your video is too wide, maximum frame size for the Apple TV is 1280x720 - for your 1.85:1 source you would be looking at 1280x688, at no more than 23.98 fps.
fcmarriott

Post by fcmarriott »

Thanks, I thought it was just a 720 width restriction. I will give it a re-encode.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

fcmarriott wrote:Thanks, I thought it was just a 720 width restriction. I will give it a re-encode.
FWIW, in resolutions (e.g. 1334 x 720, 1280 x 720, 1280 x 688) the width is the number left of the x sign (1334, 1280). The other number is the height.

So the AppleTV supports videos up to 720 pixels high and 1280 pixels wide.
fcmarriott

Post by fcmarriott »

Thanks for the pointers everyone. Have a question that I haven't been able to think through yet, and since I've just started, I'll ask. When ripping BluRay movies with AnyDVDHD, and then running through ClownBD, I end up with a single .mt2s file with no chapters in it, which I feed into Handbrake.

How does this work for TV shows? Normally, I would choose the different titles with Handbrake for the various episodes on a DVD, but if it is a single file that I provide to Handbrake, how do I specify which parts are which episode? Is using the .mt2s file the best way to point to in Handbrake?

TIA.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Since even BD movie discs can have multiple versions of the feature on the same disc (theatrical, extended, ...), I have to assume that ClownBD allows you to select the title you want to copy. TV shows would be similar. There will usually be a separate title on the disc for each episode.
SideShowBob

Post by SideShowBob »

Yes, ClownBD does let you select the correct title. One tip for doing that though is that it defaults to the longest title, and lists the titles in decending order based on length, so don't assume the first one listed by ClownBD is the first episode!

Other than having to remember which one you ripped last (which I fail at regularly :oops: ) it works perfectly for ripping TV Shows from Blu-ray. I've done the first four seasons of Lost and my only complaint is that the Handbrake Devs are making such improvements that I feel like re-ripping them all, darn it.
tf11

Post by tf11 »

I have just started my first bluray encode and need some advice.
I extracted the .m2ts with clownbd and everything seems to be ok.

I have fed the single .m2ts into handbrake (svn2907) and am not sure what Size to use under the picture tab.
(I have source: 1920x1080. bluray case says movie is 2:35:1)

Is there any way to get 720p resolution out of this that will play back on Apple TV? (doesnt matter if i have black bars at top and bottom)

I know that the width cant exceed 1280, but if I keep aspect ratio, I only see 544 as height.
Is a custom height/width doable that would get 720p and play on the ATV? (again, dont care if I get black bars)

Thanks in advance.

Also reading with great interest the ATV ESATA mod. Seems like a great idea to have more local storage for HD playback.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

tf11 wrote:I know that the width cant exceed 1280, but if I keep aspect ratio, I only see 544 as height.
Is a custom height/width doable that would get 720p and play on the ATV? (again, dont care if I get black bars)
If your movie is 2.35:1, then leave the resolution at 1280x544.

Black bars only make the file bigger (in constant quality mode) and don't improve quality (if you use an average bitrate they actually reduce quality since they have to be encoded so they take bitrate away from actual content). HandBrake automatically crops them, which is why you get 1280x544 and not 1280x720. Disabling cropping won't increase resolution since while it adds pixels, they're just black bars. When you encode at 1280x544 you'll get them anyway, except they'll be added during playback by the AppleTV instead of wasting bitrate.
tf11

Post by tf11 »

Thanks for your help.
Just had to come back and post that the everything went well and, holy dog snot, this movie looks INCREDIBLE.

I wasnt quite sure how the whole Bluray/HD workflow would work out (i'm new to the Bluray encoding, this was my first one) and a little nervous about using clown BD, but it looks awesome.

Big thanks to everyone who supports/develops/hasanythingtodowith Handbrake. Much appreciated.
tf11

Post by tf11 »

Ok, I have hit a bit of a snag here. The first Bluray movie that I tried worked out well. The end product was beautiful.

Now, the second 2 I have tried, Handbrake has crashed somewhere in the middle of the encode process. It will encode for maybe an hour or 2, I come back and it has crashed. (error report to microsoft, etc.)
(No logs are present after the crash.)

I am using Clown BD to create 1 large .m2ts file and feed that into HB.
(FWIW, the single, large .m2ts looks/sounds great.)

Is it possible that the choices I am making in the Clown BD part of the workflow are causing this?
I have been choosing:
no chapters(unchecked)
1080p Main Movie
DTS Master Audio
Everything else unchecked (no subtitles, etc.)
Output Audio: AC3 192
Output Movie: M2tS

Is my audio selection possibly causing this?
Even if audio is not the culprit in this case, which audio track should I be selecting to work best with HB? If there is a separate AC3, should I be choosing that instead of the DTS Master Audio?

Thanks in advance.
nathug
Bright Spark User

Post by nathug »

tf11 wrote:Ok, I have hit a bit of a snag here. The first Bluray movie that I tried worked out well. The end product was beautiful.

Now, the second 2 I have tried, Handbrake has crashed somewhere in the middle of the encode process. It will encode for maybe an hour or 2, I come back and it has crashed. (error report to microsoft, etc.)
(No logs are present after the crash.)

I am using Clown BD to create 1 large .m2ts file and feed that into HB.
(FWIW, the single, large .m2ts looks/sounds great.)

Is it possible that the choices I am making in the Clown BD part of the workflow are causing this?
I have been choosing:
no chapters(unchecked)
1080p Main Movie
DTS Master Audio
Everything else unchecked (no subtitles, etc.)
Output Audio: AC3 192
Output Movie: M2tS

Is my audio selection possibly causing this?
Even if audio is not the culprit in this case, which audio track should I be selecting to work best with HB? If there is a separate AC3, should I be choosing that instead of the DTS Master Audio?

Thanks in advance.
There is no need to specify the AC bitrate, just select AC3 and leave the bitrate box blank. The conversion then will be made with the best quality Audio.

Also make sure you have all the latest stuff for ClownBD, the best way to do this is download the the Clown_BD, eac3to, tsMuxer Package from the ClownBD website, with all the correct files etc. (its the 2nd choice on the website), and not just ClownBD on its own. If there is a mismatch this could be your problem, this used to happen to me a lot until I discovered this solution.

Also check that your file plays in VLC, this catches most problems before sending it in HB. Over the last 4 months I've not had a sign problem with my conversions with ClownBD.

Nate
tf11

Post by tf11 »

Thanks for the reply.

I will leave the default blank for the AC3 output setting going forward.

Am I correct in choosing the DTS master audio as the audio input? Or should I choose the separate AC3 (if it's available?)

I am pretty sure I have the current versions of clownbd,eac,tsmux, etc., but I will most certainly verify/re-download the package when I get home.

The single .m2ts file that clownbd produces does play back in VLC (and it looks great.)

After searching here for ".m2ts crash," it looks as though there have been some issues with some movies and/or clown_bd. I have found a few threads concerning an "ffmpeg issue" as well as a "poorly constructed .m2ts" issue. Being new, I'm definitely not in a position to determine this, but I'm wondering if my symptoms are related to either of those. (IE: Handbrake crashing part way through an encode of a Clown_bd created .m2ts file of a BluRay disc. Has happened on 2 out of the first 3 movies I have attempted. The first one went well and looks fantastic.)

I guess my "trouble shooting logic," LOL, is telling me to rule out my own dumba$$ mistakes first, before I look at maybe the culprit being a particular type/aspect of source file that is just not supported/has issues.

Wish I could post a log, but there is not one after the crash.

Thanks again.
nathug
Bright Spark User

Post by nathug »

tf11 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I will leave the default blank for the AC3 output setting going forward.

Am I correct in choosing the DTS master audio as the audio input? Or should I choose the separate AC3 (if it's available?)

I am pretty sure I have the current versions of clownbd,eac,tsmux, etc., but I will most certainly verify/re-download the package when I get home.

The single .m2ts file that clownbd produces does play back in VLC (and it looks great.)

After searching here for ".m2ts crash," it looks as though there have been some issues with some movies and/or clown_bd. I have found a few threads concerning an "ffmpeg issue" as well as a "poorly constructed .m2ts" issue. Being new, I'm definitely not in a position to determine this, but I'm wondering if my symptoms are related to either of those. (IE: Handbrake crashing part way through an encode of a Clown_bd created .m2ts file of a BluRay disc. Has happened on 2 out of the first 3 movies I have attempted. The first one went well and looks fantastic.)

I guess my "trouble shooting logic," LOL, is telling me to rule out my own dumba$$ mistakes first, before I look at maybe the culprit being a particular type/aspect of source file that is just not supported/has issues.

Wish I could post a log, but there is not one after the crash.

Thanks again.
You need to be looking for what ever the main Audio track is, its usually the first. For some retarded reason Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks and DTS tracks are not common together as the main tracks, it would be so nice if both were included seeing as how big Blue Ray discs are supposed to be. If the main track is DTS or DTS-HD the chances are that the Dolby tracks are going to be either a 2.0 mix (no surround), Commentaries or if in 5.1 a language other than English. It gives the language next to each track.

If the main track is True-HD always just extract the core, by selecting Core in the Audio option section, this will give you a Dolby Digital track with usually a higher bitrate than selecting the regular Dolby Track.

The only crashes I have every had with HB and .m2ts files was with the "ffmepg" bug, my work around was to run a DVD encode first, this fixed it 90% of the time, the rest of the time rebooting my iMac did the trick. But, since the last HB snapshot, and Snow Leopard updates, the problem for me has all gone.

Nate
tf11

Post by tf11 »

OK, I have tried again without using clownBD and only using HB to encode the main .m2ts file from the STREAM folder.

Handbrake does not crash, but rather quits after encoding roughly 8 minutes of the video.

What handbrake does encode, comes out looking great.

Here is the log:

Code: Select all

### CLI Query:  -i "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\source\raw\GIJOE_AC\BDMV\STREAM\01002.m2ts" -t 1 --angle 0 -c 1 -o "E:\video\atv\01002-1.m4v" -f mp4 -4  -X 1264 -l 528 -e x264 -q 21.5 -a 1 -E faac -6 auto -R 48 -B 160 -D 0.0 --markers="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\01002-1-1-chapters.csv" -x cabac=0:ref=2:me=umh:b-adapt=2:weightb=0:trellis=0 -v 1

### User Query: False

#########################################

[23:39:34] hb_init: checking cpu count
[23:39:34] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake svn2907 (2009103101) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
2 CPUs detected
Opening C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\source\raw\GIJOE_AC\BDMV\STREAM\01002.m2ts...
[23:39:34] hb_scan: path=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\source\raw\GIJOE_AC\BDMV\STREAM\01002.m2ts, title_index=1
[23:39:34] scan: trying to open with libdvdread
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[23:39:34] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[23:39:34] file is MPEG Transport Stream with 192 byte packets offset 4 bytes
[23:39:34] hb_ts_stream_find_pids - found the following PIDS
[23:39:34]     Video PIDS : 
[23:39:34]       0x1011 type H.264 (0x1b)
[23:39:34]     Audio PIDS : 
[23:39:34]       0x1100 type DTS-HD (0x86)
[23:39:34]       0x1101 type AC-3 (0x81)
[23:39:34]       0x1102 type AC-3 (0x81)
[23:39:34]       0x1103 type AC-3 (0x81)
[23:39:34]       0x1200 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34]       0x1201 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34]       0x1202 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34]       0x1203 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34]       0x1204 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34]       0x1205 type Unknown (0x90)
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1100 (type 0x82) may be HDMV DTS audio (id 0x1)
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1101 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x2)
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1102 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x3)
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1103 (type 0x81) may be AC-3 audio (id 0x4)
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1200 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1201 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1202 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1203 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1204 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] transport stream pid 0x1205 (type 0x90) isn't audio
[23:39:34] scan: decoding previews for title 1
[23:39:34] scan: audio 0x4: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=224000 Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch)
[23:39:34] scan: audio 0x1: DCA, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=1536000 Unknown (DTS) (5.1 ch)
[23:39:34] scan: audio 0x2: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[23:39:34] scan: audio 0x3: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=640000 Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch)
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
Scanning title 1...
[23:39:37] scan: 10 previews, 1920x1080, 23.976 fps, autocrop = 140/140/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 1:1
[23:39:37] scan: title (0) job->width:1920, job->height:800
[23:39:37] stream: 7 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[23:39:37] libhb: scan thread found 1 valid title(s)
+ title 1:
  + vts 0, ttn 0, cells 0->0 (0 blocks)
  + angle(s) 0
  + duration: 01:56:11
  + size: 1920x1080, pixel aspect: 1/1, display aspect: 1.78, 23.976 fps
  + autocrop: 140/140/0/0
  + chapters:
    + 1: cells 0->0, 0 blocks, duration 01:56:11
  + audio tracks:
    + 1, Unknown (DTS) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: und), 48000Hz, 1536000bps
    + 2, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: und), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 3, Unknown (AC3) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: und), 48000Hz, 640000bps
    + 4, Unknown (AC3) (2.0 ch) (iso639-2: und), 48000Hz, 224000bps
  + subtitle tracks:
Reading chapter markers from file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\01002-1-1-chapters.csv
[23:39:37] 1 job(s) to process
[23:39:37] starting job
[23:39:37] work: sanitizing track 0 mixdown Mono to Stereo
[23:39:37] job configuration:
[23:39:37]  * source
[23:39:37]    + C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Videos\source\raw\GIJOE_AC\BDMV\STREAM\01002.m2ts
[23:39:37]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 1
[23:39:37]  * destination
[23:39:37]    + E:\video\atv\01002-1.m4v
[23:39:37]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[23:39:37]      + 64-bit formatting
[23:39:37]      + chapter markers
[23:39:37]  * video track
[23:39:37]    + decoder: h264
[23:39:37]      + bitrate 200 kbps
[23:39:37]    + frame rate: same as source (around 23.976 fps)
[23:39:37]    + dimensions: 1920 * 1080 -> 1264 * 528, crop 140/140/0/0
[23:39:37]    + encoder: x264
[23:39:37]      + options: cabac=0:ref=2:me=umh:b-adapt=2:weightb=0:trellis=0
[23:39:37]      + quality: 21.50 (RF)
[23:39:37]  * audio track 0
[23:39:37]    + decoder: Unknown (DTS) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 1)
[23:39:37]      + bitrate: 1536 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[23:39:37]    + mixdown: Stereo
[23:39:37]    + encoder: faac
[23:39:37]      + bitrate: 160 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
[23:39:37] dvd: not a dvd - trying as a stream/file instead
[23:39:37] reader: first SCR 963814 id 0 DTS 1044806
[23:39:37] encx264: keyint-min: 24, keyint-max: 240
[23:39:37] encx264: Encoding at constant RF 21.500000
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.1
Stream with high frequencies VQ coding
[23:39:37] sync: expecting 167167 video frames
[23:39:37] sync: first pts is 3754
[23:59:00] next_packet: eof while re-establishing sync @ 2861695104
[23:59:00] hb_ts_stream_decode - eof
[23:59:01] stream: 11659 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[23:59:01] reader: done. 1 scr changes
[23:59:32] sync: got 11657 frames, 167167 expected
[23:59:32] work: average encoding speed for job is 9.761307 fps
[23:59:41] mux: track 0, 11657 frames, 126712346 bytes, 2084.79 kbps, fifo 64
[23:59:41] mux: track 1, 22767 frames, 9712283 bytes, 159.80 kbps, fifo 1024
[23:59:41] h264-decoder done: 11658 frames, 0 decoder errors, 0 drops
[23:59:41] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[23:59:41] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
x264 [info]: frame I:145   Avg QP:19.27  size: 57068  PSNR Mean Y:44.99 U:47.59 V:48.82 Avg:45.79 Global:44.95
x264 [info]: frame P:4372  Avg QP:22.95  size: 17115  PSNR Mean Y:43.34 U:46.33 V:47.44 Avg:44.17 Global:42.72
x264 [info]: frame B:7140  Avg QP:24.98  size:  6109  PSNR Mean Y:42.15 U:45.44 V:46.65 Avg:43.04 Global:42.19
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames:  3.7% 26.6% 42.7% 27.0%
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 22.6% 50.8% 26.6%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4:  5.3%  8.3%  2.9%  P16..4: 37.7% 14.8%  6.1%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:24.9%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  0.7%  1.8%  0.5%  B16..8: 46.5%  1.5%  1.5%  direct: 3.7%  skip:43.7%  L0:42.4% L1:52.4% BI: 5.2%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:52.3% inter:52.4%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 58.6% 69.2% 42.1% inter: 10.7% 14.2% 1.5%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 42% 24%  7% 27%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 12% 15% 23%  7%  9%  8%  9%  8%  9%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 19% 20% 17%  7%  9%  8%  9%  6%  6%
x264 [info]: ref P L0: 78.0% 22.0%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9648891
x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:42.633 U:45.801 V:46.976 Avg:43.501 Global:42.407 kb/s:2085.06
[23:59:41] libhb: work result = 0

Rip done!
HandBrake has exited.
Any ideas why it quits after around the 8 minute mark?
nathug
Bright Spark User

Post by nathug »

This isn't going to work as you need to convert the DTS-HD track before it goes into HB anyway. ClownBD, Handbrake and G.I. Joe all work fine, I never had any issues converting this movie.

How are you ripping the disc?

Nate