Latest SVN build broken ?

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
ashmodai

Latest SVN build broken ?

Post by ashmodai »

Hi, I just compiled the latest build from SVN and the movies created using it are not anymore readable with Quicktime/iTunes. No issue with VLC but ok this one quite robust ;) I am using the same parameters I have been using since a while with no issue:

- AAC + AC3
- auto-crop/strict anamorphique
- CRF 68%
- advanced parameters :bframes=6:ref=6:mixed-refs=1:subq=6:me=umh:no-fast-pskip=1:trellis=1:brdo=1:direct=auto:bime=1:merange=24:vbv-maxrate=4000:vbv-bufsize=3000

My target device is an ATV2.0

Thanks in advance for your help ! :?: :?:
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Latest SVN build broken ?

Post by s55 »

We don't support SVN builds.
ashmodai

Post by ashmodai »

sr55 wrote:We don't support SVN builds.
Thanks to remind me this. I am aware. I was just trying to understand if this was known and if it is linked to any specific development.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

ashmodai wrote:
sr55 wrote:We don't support SVN builds.
Thanks to remind me this. I am aware. I was just trying to understand if this was known and if it is linked to any specific development.
If you're aware, why are you clogging up our development forum with this nonsense? You are *wrong* to claim the SVN trunk is broken so your complaint isn't even legitimate. I don't know why you're using development code if you're too intellectually lazy to follow the development process. You obviously don't follow it, because if you did, you'd be aware the audio sub-system has been entirely rewritten since 0.9.2 and there is no such thing as "AAC + AC3" anymore.

You didn't even have the decency to provide an activity log like we ask for up front from *everyone* to help with *any* issues, so clearly your intention wasn't to help the project's development

Moving to the Tiki Bar, so you don't get to bury useful development threads with this BS and distract us from actually working on code.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Afaik there is no problem with the latest svn, however wtf is the "latest svn" ? Latest as of what date and time ? With sometimes three to six svn commits in any given day, that doesnt tell us anything. For the record I have been doing atv encodes and watching them on my atv for the last three days, that would be revs listed in our track.

Here is why "Latest SVN" tells us nothing (take 04/08/2008 as an example):
http://trac.handbrake.fr/timeline?from= ... ate=Update

So, I don't know what to tell you. Try again is all I can say.
ashmodai

Post by ashmodai »

Thanks dynaflash for your answer. If you need more information, I would be happy to give it. By latest I ment the last available version meaning 1402 at the time I wrote my message.

As I mentioned, I am perfectly aware that the SVN builds are not supported but I am using it because I want Dark_Shikari's vaq patch to x264, which, as mentionned in that thread
http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php ... =25#p29879
is available only since build 1333

In my opinion, it is improving the output in a very visible form. It is true that I don't have to take the latest version but ok, I admit, I like to see what's new and how things are progressing.

I tried on two different movies for which the 0.9.2 does not create any issue and the file created just refused to be played using quicktime.
As suggested I will retry with the latest build (1405) and post the log if it can help.