MetaX

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
baggss

MetaX

Post by baggss »

[rant]

Is it just me or has MetaX (PPC) become extremely unstable as of late? I've going through and only using it to add air dates and descriptions to my Videos but nearly every-time I load up a season of shows it crashes. I've deleted it with App Zapper multiple times to make sure I cleanly remove its prefs, but it's still VERY unstable. To date it is the most unstable program I've run on my Mac in OSX and it's not getting better with succeeding builds. I'm not even using to search the web (manual inputs only) and all of the videos in question have been ripped with HB over the last few years. I don't have it search Amazon or send the files to iTunes, just editing 2 simple fields. I'm to the point where I would use an alternative but there really isn't one. Lostify is too slow and doesn't allow bulk tag queueing.

Anyone else having this problem?

[/rant]
Cavalicious

Re: MetaX

Post by Cavalicious »

Nope....works perfect here, but I'm intel. Try emailing him, he's VERY GOOD at fixing issues that are reported to him. I think I've reported 5 or so things, and he has fix every one.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

Yep, everytime I have contacted him I've received a reply pretty quickly, and a fix shortly after that.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in the last couple versions... the ones right after he switched to 10.5 only were a little dicey though.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

nightstrm wrote:the ones right after he switched to 10.5 only were a little dicey though.
Hey, sounds like HandBrake ;)

Has been stable here as well baggss. Intel as well. Maybe something with PPC related code by chance ?? wouldnt think so though.
sdm
Bright Spark User

Post by sdm »

I've been having problems with it lately too. On an intel machine.
It crashes if I make any sudden movements. Put too many files in etc.
If I just take it easy, it works okay.

--sdm.
baggss

Post by baggss »

sdm wrote:I've been having problems with it lately too. On an intel machine.
It crashes if I make any sudden movements. Put too many files in etc.
If I just take it easy, it works okay.

--sdm.

That's it exactly. If I try and bulk queue a whole season of TV Shows, say anywhere from 2 to 26 at a time, bam, crash city. If I add them 1 at a time, it seems ok . I've also had it quit a few times in the middle of tagging a queue as well. It also seems to crash once or twice after I restart the app after a queue related crash.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Sounds like metax's queue works about as good as Handbrakes ;)
I admit, I only use both one file at a time.
baggss

Post by baggss »

dynaflash wrote:Sounds like metax's queue works about as good as Handbrakes ;)
I admit, I only use both one file at a time.

See, I've never had any issues with HBs queue. Then again, I add episodes one at a time (building to upwards of 40 or 50 in the queue) to the queue in HB, but a folder at a time to MetaX.