Suggestions for making the Best H.264

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
handbreakuser25

Suggestions for making the Best H.264

Post by handbreakuser25 »

I just created a Superbad Rip and I have to say that it is superb for its size and resolution.
The original DVD was 7.41 gigabyte.
And i used the ipod settings modified to my appeals and to work on an *Ipod Touch
Ok Suggestions for everyone
No matter the bitrate used i recommend for everyone even though it increases encoding time do this for the best quality:
Always use subme-7
Me- at 32
Mixed references on
Ref. 2
160kbps acc audio because FAAC su*#s
Motion Estimation method: UMH
With resolution of widescreen with 640x 352
No-Fast-Pskip enabled
vbv buffer at 2500 and 1600kbps average
2 pass fast and normal
I have yet to see an artifact, incompatibility with touch and it looks great on my ibook 1024 x 768 screen.
I suggest that all people use subme-7 and me-32 alteast as those are the most significant increases in quality without increasing size.
Can someone tell me if you can put up to 720 x 3?? on touch. I Cant wait for 0.9.2 for Anamorphic touch!
File size 1.4gs for 1 hour 58 min video! Enjoy my suggestions, if you want to add to mine plz do.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Suggestions for making the Best H.264

Post by dynaflash »

handbreakuser25 wrote:vbv buffer at 2500 and 1600kbps average
2 pass fast and normal
Um, you realize that 2 pass negates any vbv buffer settings you would use in HB 0.9.1, right ?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

handbreakuser25 wrote:Can someone tell me if you can put up to 720 x 3?? on touch.
720x480 NTSC, 720x576 PAL max.

Rodney
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

Why don't you use 'Exhaustive' as Motion Estimation? :lol:
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

dynaflash wrote:Um, you realize that 2 pass negates any vbv buffer settings you would use in HB 0.9.1, right ?
iPhone preset doesn't use vbv; I didn't bother with it since the abr is set to 960kb/s and the device's limit is sooooo much higher.

@realityking: I hope that was a serious suggestion. With threaded ESA, it does make sense. That is, it'd make sense if the iPhone preset alone didn't already have nice metrics at default speed.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

jbrjake wrote:
dynaflash wrote:Um, you realize that 2 pass negates any vbv buffer settings you would use in HB 0.9.1, right ?
iPhone preset doesn't use vbv; I didn't bother with it since the abr is set to 960kb/s and the device's limit is sooooo much higher.
Correct, but the OP said he modified the preset to use 2 pass and vbv. I was merely pointing out the fact that adding 2 pass and vbv negates the use of vbv in the modifications to the preset.
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

jbrjake wrote:@realityking: I hope that was a serious suggestion. With threaded ESA, it does make sense. That is, it'd make sense if the iPhone preset alone didn't already have nice metrics at default speed.
It was sort of both, I think that it slows stuff down to much even through it increases the quality. However since he wants perfect encodes it might make sense.