What program do you use to organize your DVD rips?

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
simoncoul

What program do you use to organize your DVD rips?

Post by simoncoul »

Hey guys, I'm just wondering what program you use to organize your DVD rips, I have a read a lot of people use itunes. Are there any other options I have seen Delicious Library and DVDpedia but I have seen no open source options.

Ideally a good program would allow u to catalog your DVD's and then allow u to add the rips of the DVD once u have done it, and also pull down info from amazon or imdb about the movie.

Let me know what u guys are using cause I was thinking of maybe starting a project to try and do it if no open source software exists to do this.

Thanks
baggss

Post by baggss »

You said it. iTunes.
simoncoul

Post by simoncoul »

Yeah but itunes doesn't allow u to catalog your dvds that u haven't ripped yet, and it's basically just listing your movies to you and gives no additional information about anything.

Also it keeps all your movies in your itunes library which is in your music folder, so you can't backup your movies and music separately unless u digg into your itunes folder.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Well for that sort of Stuff I have been using Delicious Library to track my DVDs and CDs themselves.

iTunes provides you access to fields for all sorts of stuff, including show descriptions, original air dates, Episode ID and so on. Some you can edit with iTunes some require a 3rd party app to edit/add the data. I've started adding descriptions to TV shows I've ripped.