Sub forum suggestion

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
Woodstock
Veteran User

Sub forum suggestion

Post by Woodstock »

Occasionally people submit "home grown" scripts to automate the command line. Usually, those are dropped in the Support->Command line forum, but sometimes in General, or other forums. And some of them can have active question/answer exchanges, beyond the initial uploading.

I suggest a sub forum just for such scripts, with a difference - regular users cannot CREATE a topic in it, but can reply to topics already created. The moderators can move the messages from their initial forum as they take off.

Reasoning is two-fold. It makes popular scripts easier to find and discuss, and it gets support for those scripts out of the normal CLI support area.
Deleted User 13735

Re: Sub forum suggestion

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

It's a good idea that wouldn't get used much, regretfully.
The "frame serve to handbrake" script by Marco is a perfect example.
Useful to me and a couple of other rabid producers. But just another 'wtf' to most folks.

http://www.vegasvideo.de/vegas-2-handbrake-en.html
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Sub forum suggestion

Post by rollin_eng »

I was actually thinking of something similar to this recently while searching for a script. A script 'repository' would be great however it would require someone to maintain it, qc scripts etc. and I doubt anyone would want to.

I guess maybe there could be some sticky threads in the cli forum for some of the more common requests.