How do I build a DVD menu for multiple videos?

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
Methos

How do I build a DVD menu for multiple videos?

Post by Methos »

Does anyone know of a way to burn several videos to a DVD with a menu listing each separate video? My Church is hosting a VBS this summer and will have daily videos for the kids. I’m not sure as to the technological abilities of the teachers so I was hoping I could create a menu for each video to make it easier on them.

I’m using a Mac, so any app recommendations that work with a Mac would be preferable. Thanks for any help!
mduell
Veteran User

Re: How do I build a DVD menu for multiple videos?

Post by mduell »

DVD Studio Pro
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Well, if you have iLife '11 install discs, there's iDVD.

Alternatives include Roxio Toast Titanium (which you can also find in the Mac App Store, split into several smaller apps with fewer features, such as Toast DVD), NTI DragonBurn, MPEG2Works or ShedWorx miDVD. Not sure what level of menu support or ease of use they offer.

There's also a free app called Burn, which is discontinued (as in no longer being developed) and reportedly barely works at all under newer versions of OS X.

Finally, Compressor also has some DVD burning capabilities (not sure if it includes menu support beyond splitting by chapter).

I've only ever used an old version of Toast and iDVD myself.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mduell wrote:DVD Studio Pro
Or that. Adobe Encore CS6 would fit in the same category (roughly) and can still be purchased (comes with Premiere Pro CC). But both are quite expensive and have quite the learning curve (though they certainly offer many more options than the software I listed, since they're professional/semi-professional disc authoring applications).
brokewallace

Post by brokewallace »

I've always been happy with Roxio Toast