irc client suggestions

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
elchonkyfuego

irc client suggestions

Post by elchonkyfuego »

So I was wondering if someone could suggest an irc client for me to use for the #handrake channel. I also what to use it for libav too if that is possible. I know this has been covered before but, I also get the banned message when I try to use freenode. Im a windows 7 user if that helps. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and once again Im sorry for my stupid posts. :wink:
Deleted User 11865

Re: irc client suggestions

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I like Limechat & Linkinus (Mac OS X). Tired of Colloquy though (seemed to get more & more buggy and Grwol support didn't work well with newer versions of Growl).

I believe Limechat is also available for Windows.
elchonkyfuego

Post by elchonkyfuego »

Unfortantly for me limechat seems to be only for os x. Do I need a specific one for the network because I didn't seem to have any luck with mirc. I could be doing something wrong though. Im not too overly computer savy. Thanks rodeo for the reply you have always been very kind to me and I appreciate that.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Definitely a Windows version, check the main page at http://limechat.net/ - you'll need to use Google to translate from Japanese.

IRC clients, like most other applications, come down to personal preference. You may want to look at some of the other clients at the IRC Wiki to see if they meet your requirements.
elchonkyfuego

Post by elchonkyfuego »

:oops: Indeed limechat works for windows. Thank you ted very much for posting that reply and link to the wiki for me. It will be usefull for me and I appreciate it.
:D