convert to play on DVD players

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
alanagardi

convert to play on DVD players

Post by alanagardi »

I have discovered some old movies to download (archive.org) and other sites. I download them in either .flv, mp4 or .mpg formats to view on my computer.

I would like to convert them into a format that I can burn onto a DVD to play on TV via a DVD player.

I guess, just generally, what format(s) will a DVD player accept to play on TV — besides Video_TS folders?

Many thanks.

Alan

spring 2009 iMac - Mac OS X 10.6.2 - current copies of toast titanium - handbrake - vlc - etc
nightstrm
Veteran User

Re: convert to play on DVD players

Post by nightstrm »

Moving; this has nothing to do with Handbrake.
ascianti

Post by ascianti »

standalone dvd player accepts dvd files (video_ts)
fancier ones might accept mpeg2 (.mpg extension), mpeg1 (looks like crap), divx (.avi, usually more expensive), cda (cd audio, aka: wav files), vcd, svcd and jpeg.
harryroy

Post by harryroy »

Hi everyone
Actually i had same problem like alanagardi, That time my friend suggest me to download the DVD converter from the net,And it work But that Converter quality is not good so anyone have nay idea about DVD coveter which convert AVI and mp4 file in good quality please tell mr
baggss

Post by baggss »

If you're on a Mac an App like Toast does this quite well. Thing to remember is, the quality of the DVD video will only be as good as the quality of the original file you use to create it. Garbage in, Garbage out....