How do you tag on Snow Lep?

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
scottjf8

How do you tag on Snow Lep?

Post by scottjf8 »

All

For years I've used Handbrake 0.93 and Meta-X 2.4.6. But now Meta-X doesn't seem to be searching anymore. All of my movies/videos come up with a blank search.

Is that the case with everyone?

Is there another option to use? I've seen Losify, but it's a manual process it seems. I like the automation of Meta-X.
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: How do you tag on Snow Lep?

Post by TedJ »

Moving to Tiki Bar.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

I use Subler, but it is a completely manually process. The best all around tagger that I've found is the Windows port of MetaX... its author has updated to the new mp4v2 tagging libraries as well as the newer TagChimp API.

There are always rumors that the Mac MetaX author is coming back soon... I hope they eventually pan out as I haven't found a better interface for batch tagging (although I still fill in everything manual, after some bad experiences with the data stored in the TagChimp database).
ijfoote

Post by ijfoote »

I'm having the same problem with many of my converts with MetaX too. Been doing things manually now.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

According to Rodney Kerstetter ( the original metax dev for mac ) ....
MetaX is in the process of getting a major overhaul. The guts are ripped out right now, and the new MP4Lib is being installed. This should give much faster writes, and will get rid of the vast majority of crashes and file damage issues that users have had. Expect to see a new release soon.
http://kerstetter.net/
ijfoote

Post by ijfoote »

dynaflash wrote:According to Rodney Kerstetter ( the original metax dev for mac ) ....
MetaX is in the process of getting a major overhaul. The guts are ripped out right now, and the new MP4Lib is being installed. This should give much faster writes, and will get rid of the vast majority of crashes and file damage issues that users have had. Expect to see a new release soon.
http://kerstetter.net/
Thanks Dyna!
downinitjr

Post by downinitjr »

Did anyone take a look at the date on that update? july 23 2009. Hopefully he's still working on it.
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

Rodney's probably just as selfish as the Handbrake devs (has a family, other hobbies, job, doesn't like to stare at a monitor 16 hours a day).

It's hard to find true commitment around here.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Da Man wrote:It's hard to find true commitment around here.
Lol. except me of course. I have a chain around my neck attached to my monitor watching HB output for the good of humanity ... or something like that. I mean honestly ... the nerve of people that have a life. Bastards!
Da Man
Bright Spark User

Post by Da Man »

Give me a break, commie.

(that, by the way, may become my new signature - that or douche. Little effer got a time-out for his ranting, too).

Sorry, folks. Inside joke. I think Dyna gets it, though.