Good ripper for linux?

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Polygon
Novice

Good ripper for linux?

Post by Polygon »

Hello,

I recently got ahold of a copy of national treasure 2 (through red box) and i wanted to rip it to my computer. I didnt have much time so i coulden't spend a day and a half waiting for handbrake to encode it so i wanted to rip the entire dvd to my computer so i could encode it later

I tried vobcopy and tried to mirror the dvd, but every time it got to the main feature (like title_4.vob or something) it hung at .1% and my optical drive would light up madly but nothing would be done

I tried again with dvdbackup and the same thing, hung on the same VOB file.

then i googled it and found that there is some nasty copy protection and zero cells or something on this dvd, and someone suggested using anydvd + dvdshrink to rip it to your hard drive, so i tried that on my bros windows machine and it worked.

Now...my question is...are there any equiviliant programs like Anydvd+dvd shrink that will take care of the nasty stuff on the dvd and let me rip it to my hard drive before i start encoding with handbrake? As you can see a lot of them don't take care of the more nasty stuff that is in newer dvds.
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Good ripper for linux?

Post by rhester »

We're done here. You are asking for help with piracy. Locked.