Problems compiling QT4 GUI

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jbjoret
Enlightened

Problems compiling QT4 GUI

Post by jbjoret »

Hello,

I am having some issues compiling the qt4 GUI:

$ make
g++ -o qtHB main.o qhandbrake.o scanwidget.o encodewidget.o qhandbrakewizard.o faderwidget.o moc_qhandbrake.o moc_scanwidget.o moc_encodewidget.o moc_qhandbrakewizard.o moc_faderwidget.o -L/usr/lib/qt4/lib -L ../contrib/lib ../libhb/libhb.a ../contrib/lib/libx264.a ../contrib/lib/liba52.a ../contrib/lib/libavformat.a ../contrib/lib/libavcodec.a ../contrib/lib/libavutil.a ../contrib/lib/libdca.a ../contrib/lib/libmpeg2.a ../contrib/lib/libmpeg2convert.a ../contrib/lib/libswscale.a ../contrib/lib/libdvdread.a ../contrib/lib/libdvdcss.a ../contrib/lib/libfaac.a ../contrib/lib/libmp3lame.a ../contrib/lib/libmp4v2.a ../contrib/lib/libmkv.a -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -logg -lsamplerate -lxvidcore -lQtDBus -L/usr/lib/mysql -L/lib -ldbus-1 -lQtXml -lQtGui -lpng -lSM -lICE -lXi -lXrender -lXrandr -lXcursor -lXinerama -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lQtCore -lz -lm -ldl -lpthread
scanwidget.o: In function `Ui_ScanWidget::setupUi(QWidget*)':
/home/joret/dev/hb/qt4/ui_scanwidget.h:61: undefined reference to `QBoxLayout::setSpacing(int)'
/home/joret/dev/hb/qt4/ui_scanwidget.h:81: undefined reference to `QGridLayout::setSpacing(int)'
/home/joret/dev/hb/qt4/ui_scanwidget.h:131: undefined reference to `QBoxLayout::setSpacing(int)'
scanwidget.o: In function `QList<QString>::detach_helper()':
I am obviously missing something but what ? I am using Qt4.2.1

Any idea ?
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Problems compiling QT4 GUI

Post by s55 »

Unless your planning on writing code for it, I wouldn't bother with it right now. It's mostly just a framework which still needs to be tied into libhb so most of the options in the GUI won't actually do anything yet.

you need to use qmake instead of make for it to compile.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

You know, the directions for compiling it *are* on the wiki....
jbjoret
Enlightened

Post by jbjoret »

I believe I followed the wiki correctly, first called qmake and then make. I guess I will have to play with the CLI version. I am basically working on the Mac Plateform, but I was getting bored today and tried this on my linux laptop.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

jbjoret wrote:I believe I followed the wiki correctly, first called qmake
Oh. Why didn't you say so from the start?