How to build the qt4 gui.

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
redraiderbum
Enlightened

How to build the qt4 gui.

Post by redraiderbum »

This is from a topic that was locked (that was for the best I believe); that said, I thought if anyone wanted to know how to build the qt4 gui it should be obvious. Just so everyone knows, to my knowledge this is not being developed, but all the necessaries come with the svn. All of the settings are hardcoded so if you wanted it to function the way a real gui would, you have to tie the "encoder" gui to the options in the way handbrake wants. As well you will probably have to add in gui options or completely redo the "encoder" tool. If you download the qt4 development environment it has great documentation and anyone with more experience than I should find it relatively simple, but it is certainly not for the beginner. Honestly, the gui is the easy part, the difficult part is knowing the correct calls to make to handbrake and I just don't know enough about handbrake to do this.

If everyone wants a gui this is probably the best way to go about producing it. I feel certain if someone contacts the dev's and does not diverge so horrendously from their intent then it will be fully supported.

In the qt4 directory,

Replace the contents of qtHB.pro with the following:

######################################################################
# Automatically generated by qmake (2.01a) Sat Oct 14 04:46:08 2006
######################################################################
Run qmake to generate the Makefile
Run make.

TEMPLATE = app
TARGET = qtHB
CONFIG += qdbus release
DEPENDPATH += .
INCLUDEPATH += . ../libhb ../contrib/include
LIBS += ../libhb/libhb.a ../contrib/lib/liba52.a ../contrib/lib/libavformat.a ../contrib/lib/libavcodec.a ../contrib/lib/libavutil.a ../contrib/lib/libdca.a ../contrib/lib/libdvdread.a ../contrib/lib/libdvdcss.a ../contrib/lib/libmp4v2.a ../contrib/lib/libfaac.a ../contrib/lib/libmp3lame.a ../contrib/lib/libmpeg2.a ../contrib/lib/libvorbis.a ../contrib/lib/libvorbisenc.a ../contrib/lib/libogg.a ../contrib/lib/libsamplerate.a ../contrib/lib/libx264.a ../contrib/lib/libxvidcore.a ../contrib/lib/libmkv.a ../contrib/lib/libswscale.a -lz -lpthread

# Input
HEADERS += qhandbrake.h scanwidget.h encodewidget.h qhandbrakewizard.h faderwidget.h
FORMS += scanwidget.ui encodewidget.ui
SOURCES += main.cpp qhandbrake.cpp scanwidget.cpp encodewidget.cpp qhandbrakewizard.cpp faderwidget.cpp

Run qmake to generate the Makefile
Run make.
redraiderbum
Enlightened

Re: How to build the qt4 gui.

Post by redraiderbum »

Oh also, in my opinion, there is no need to mess with the existent qt4 decode tool. It works great, unless someone has the gumption to make a single gui with the decoder integrated.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: How to build the qt4 gui.

Post by jbrjake »

Umm....I'm lost....

Are you saying that clee's directions in the wiki to build the Qt4 project don't work?