Update PPA repository

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Fargotroniac

Update PPA repository

Post by Fargotroniac »

Hello,

It would be possible to update your PPA repository? Last version in repository is 1.1.3, but on website is 1.3.3.

Thank you
Deleted User 11865

Re: Update PPA repository

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

1:1.3.3 == 1.3.3 != 1.1.3 :P
waltherbans

Post by waltherbans »

Is there a chance to update the PPA for newer releases of Ubuntu (like 21.04) and include the latest release of Handbrake (1.4).

I still don't like flatpak, and I guess I'm not the only one who'd prefer to use the ppa. So, I'd really appreciate it if there's a chance to update it. :-)
tudo75
New User

Post by tudo75 »

waltherbans wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:41 am Is there a chance to update the PPA for newer releases of Ubuntu (like 21.04) and include the latest release of Handbrake (1.4).

I still don't like flatpak, and I guess I'm not the only one who'd prefer to use the ppa. So, I'd really appreciate it if there's a chance to update it. :-)
Me too!
PPA updates will be very appreciate
Thanks
Fargotroniac

Post by Fargotroniac »

Some news about ppa? You stop use PPA for new version?
tianon

Post by tianon »

See https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/ ... -921212309 for a recent discussion on this point:
The PPA repository is no longer maintained. Old versions will remain available for prosperity.

We currently provide flatpak builds via flathub or direct download on the site. Beyond that you'd need to compile from source using the instructions in the documentation.
Fargotroniac

Post by Fargotroniac »

Thank you :)
dcrobertson

Post by dcrobertson »

Pretty much *every* time I go to use Handbrake, I get

"Launching Handbrake failed.
Could not find the program 'ghb' "

and I have to reinstall the flatpak version. Handbrake has been my transcoder for ... ages. But every time I go to use it, I wind up spending a hour getting it to work. eg - now it cannot find my DVD drive. If anything else worked at all, I'd use that.

And while I am at it, the sign up form for this forum says

"Username:
Username must be between 3 characters and 32 characters long and use only ASCII characters, so no special symbols."

But it requires numbers as well. The password recovery page says it needs numbers.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

What does the password recovery page have to do with the username?