[question] Is there a way to tell HB to ignore SDH subtitles when creating the output file?

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Valso

[question] Is there a way to tell HB to ignore SDH subtitles when creating the output file?

Post by Valso »

I tried choosing different options in the subs tab but every time the output file ends up with all available english subs, including the SDH subs which are meant for deaf people. But I'm not deaf and I don't need them. Not that I need subs in principle but I keep english subs in the output file just in case.
Is there any way to tell HB to ignore subtitles flagged and/or named "SDH" when creating the output file?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: [question] Is there a way to tell HB to ignore SDH subtitles when creating the output file?

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
Valso

Re: [question] Is there a way to tell HB to ignore SDH subtitles when creating the output file?

Post by Valso »

I think I found it way but I'll have to convert a file in order to confirm. I've been looking in the wrong place. Until now I've been looking in "Track selection" ("Subtitles" tab) when I should have been looking in "Track list". I'll remove the track that is supposedly SDH from "Track List" and see what happens. If that doesn't work as I hope, I'll post the logs you requested.
Valso

Post by Valso »

I was right after all - I've been looking in the wrong place. Click the X on the SDH subs track to remove it, leaves the output file with the desired subs track.
Still, thanks for the willingness to help, rolling_eng. ;)