Only 2 formats ubuntu 19.04

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
striker2185
New User

Only 2 formats ubuntu 19.04

Post by striker2185 »

Description of problem or question:

No matter what i do i only have MPEG-4 format and matroska i want mp4 and its starting to make me mad. and im just starting to rip my 600 dvds what is best compression that is lossless that will be put on plex

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
BradleyS

Re: Only 2 formats ubuntu 19.04

Post by BradleyS »

The version of HandBrake packaged by Ubuntu is not under our control, and they have made changes such as removing other formats. Please install the official PPA or Flatpak, see handbrake.fr.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Only 2 formats ubuntu 19.04

Post by JohnAStebbins »

BradleyS wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:57 am The version of HandBrake packaged by Ubuntu is not under our control, and they have made changes such as removing other formats. Please install the official PPA or Flatpak, see handbrake.fr.
But aside from that, the current HandBrake release only supports 2 formats. Matroska (aka mkv) and MPEG-4 (aka mp4). You want MPEG-4.