Floating panels

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dcrobertson

Floating panels

Post by dcrobertson »

Description of problem or question:
Hi all - been using handbrake for ages now. Works well. Recently, though, the Presets, Preview and Activity panels have become detached from the main window, and I cannot see how to re-attach them. Queue is still the same - it opens in the same window.

The screen shot on the Handbrake site has what I used to have - the presets panel on the right hand side of the window. I'd like to get my Handbrake back to this.

I have tried deleting my handbrake preferences.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Don't know what I did.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
First occurred in an earlier version - not sure which. Now have 1.1.1

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Kubuntu 18.04

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

[17:17:30] gtkgui: HandBrake 1.1.1 (2018061800) - Linux x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
[17:17:30] hb_init: starting libhb thread

s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Floating panels

Post by s55 »

They are not dockable windows.

Presets was re-designed so is now in-line under the source on the main window. So for the most part, you can close the floating preset pane. It's mostly for management functions now.

Preview / log have always been floating, although preview does have an in-line mini preview on the summary tab too