DRC disabled

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Segfault

DRC disabled

Post by Segfault »

I'm running Gentoo. The DRC function of my Handbrake 1.0.7 (x86_64) is disabled. I wonder what is missing, is it some ffmpeg option I need to enable?
Deleted User 11865

Re: DRC disabled

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It's only implemented for AC-3, and will therefore only be enabled if the source track is AC-3.
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Thanks, this explains it. What about --normalize-mix, will it work on MP3 input?
Deleted User 11865

Yes, but it normalizes the downmix coefficients, not the whole audio track.
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Thanks. I have 200+ avi files here to recode, most of these files have about -10 dB peak audio level, unfortunately it varies, so I cannot use fixed gain. Any ideas how to batch process them without analyzing every single file for audio level?
Deleted User 11865

Not with HandBrake. It may be possible to build a workflow involving several command-line utilities, but it's outside the scope of this forum to help you figure out how, sorry…

You could always ask in the Tiki Bar forum section, but you may be better off finding a more generic audio/video processing forum with more users (and therefore more ideas).
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Thanks. I figured it requires more than Handbrake can offer, but asking never hurts. Thanks for your hard work, Handbrake is most useful tool. :)