With upcoming changes to data protection and privacy laws in Europe coming into effect soon, we thought this would be a good time to remind everyone that we do have a privacy policy.
This applies to all users and visitors world-wide.

We have made a few changes to the language to make it clearer in relation to this new regulation but fundamentally, the terms and your rights are unchanged.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask in the General Forum

How to open multiple video files at the same time on Linux?

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mrjayviper

How to open multiple video files at the same time on Linux?

Post by mrjayviper » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 am

on Windows, I can point handbrake to a folder and it will open all the video files inside it. and I can then queue them all at once. How can I do the same thing on Linux?

I'm on Ubuntu 17.10 and using handbrake 1.07. Thanks

Thundercat
New User

Re: How to open multiple video files at the same time on Linux?

Post by Thundercat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:30 pm

I haven't found a way on Linux version at all. I have to keep a VM handy with Windows because some seasons are 30+ episodes. Got annoying clicking each one. I'd like to see this feature appear on Linux.

JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: How to open multiple video files at the same time on Linux?

Post by JohnAStebbins » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

It works pretty much the same way on linux. You open a folder, HandBrake scans all the files within that folder. Then you can add a batch of titles (aka files) to the queue with the Queue menu option "Add Multiple"