How to install latest version in debian 8

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
PajiAlfa

How to install latest version in debian 8

Post by PajiAlfa »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

In repositories there is an old one. 0.9

What I would like to know is that I have to do to install it in Debian 8, I'm lost.
I can not find information about it.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Linux / Unix are you running. etc.
debian 8
BradleyS

Re: How to install latest version in debian 8

Post by BradleyS »

We have documentation on compiling from source here: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/deve ... linux.html

Debian dependencies should be the same/similar to Ubuntu. I may eventually make a Debian guide as well, but other things are taking priority right now.
zvon

Post by zvon »

There is version 1.0.7 in experimental repositories if you don't want to compile from source (beware, mixing experimental packages with stable packages could break your system)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Yeh, Don't follow that advice. Avoid debians builds of HandBrake all together. They are known to produce faulty builds.

Your only option to get a clean build is to compile from source.
PajiAlfa

Post by PajiAlfa »

BradleyS wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:03 am We have documentation on compiling from source here: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/deve ... linux.html

Debian dependencies should be the same/similar to Ubuntu. I may eventually make a Debian guide as well, but other things are taking priority right now.
If I saw the manual earlier.
But I stay the same as reading it, not knowing what to do.

I do not know how to copy source code.