Cannot batch add video files

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
tripkin

Cannot batch add video files

Post by tripkin »

When I select a source with multiple video titles, the title select button only displays the currently selected video. Going to Queue->Add Multiple opens a window with the title 'ghb' and again, there is only the currently selected title available instead of the multiple files in the source directory. I can add multiple videos only by selecting a video through Source or dragging and dropping one at a time and then adding it to the queue - a time consuming process if I am trying to batch convert more than a few videos.

I am running Handbrake 0.10.5 (x86_64) on Debian Stretch. I installed Handbrake using the package manager and it came from the debian repos. There were no dependency issues during the install, and all the updates have been applied.

There are no exceptions or error messages displayed anywhere, including the Activity Window.

Here are the contents of the Activity Window:
https://paste.superslacker.org/?1e42d0e ... 3tf/v7FeI=

Thanks, any assistance would greatly be appreciated!
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Cannot batch add video files

Post by Woodstock »

Debian repos are a deliberately broken distribution. The only supported versions of handbrake come from the official handbrake sites.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

As Woodstock points out, debian builds are broken. But I haven't heard reports of brokenness with scanning multiple sources. Your activity log indicates you did *not* scan "source with multiple video titles". It indicates you scanned a single vob file

Code: Select all

[23:18:33] hb_scan: path=/mnt/backup/tmp/209.VOB, title_index=0
If you want to scan multiple files, you must open the directory containing those files.
tripkin

Post by tripkin »

So I tried installing the nightly builds from the ppa, and I was still having problems. Then I found out that selecting the source directory by entering into it was my problem. It turns out that it works fine. Then on a whim, I tried the debian repo again, and lo and behold, it was working as well. The problem in this case, was me. Thanks for the imput, JohnAStebbins, you are correct. It turns out I was choosing the one file instead of the directory.

Problem solved.