Error on Ubuntu 9.04 Server

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
SnorreSelmer

Error on Ubuntu 9.04 Server

Post by SnorreSelmer »

I keep getting the following error on my Ubuntu 9.04 Server (x64) box when I try to encode a movie using the 0.9.3 CLI:

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:1568 ***
*** for c_adt->cell_adr_table.vob_id <= c_adt->nr_of_vobs ***

It appears several (~10) times in a row.
I've installed both libdvdread4 and libdvdcss from the official repositories but the error won't go away.

Any insight into what I should do to get rid of this error?

EDIT: I'm still waiting for the job to finish, so I don't know yet if the job is fine despite the error.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Error on Ubuntu 9.04 Server

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Does this happen on every disc you've tried or only a particular disc? Those error messages sometimes mean the disc has additional drm beyond css. Sometimes it's just a badly mastered disc that may or may not rip properly. The options are to pre-rip the disc with something like AnyDVD, or try building the latest svn code which has a new option to use dvdnav which should be able to handle it.
SnorreSelmer

Post by SnorreSelmer »

Hello again Mr. Stebbins!

I've already pre-ripped the discs with RipIt (http://www.ripitapp.com). I'm in the process of transcoding the TV-series Taken, and it's still on the first disc, so I'll have to wait until later tonight before I can answer you on the question of wether it happens on one or all discs. Thanks for the pointers, I'll update as soon as I know more.

EDIT: Just screened the first episode in VLC, and it plays just fine. No audio or video problems so far.
Polygon
Novice

Post by Polygon »

I get that same error on dvd's that have wonky DRM on them, and then handbrake or vobcopy or whatever usually freezes when it tries to read the disk