[Fixed] 0.9.3 GUI glitch with Chapters while using Queue

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Konstantin Prinz

[Fixed] 0.9.3 GUI glitch with Chapters while using Queue

Post by Konstantin Prinz »

Hi folks,

I run Version 0.9.3 (2008112300) on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Great improvements over the last Version! Thank you guys so much for this awesome product! It makes life so much easier, at least mine.

But I found this glitch in the GUI:

Setting:
Handbrake is running. The queue is processing a list of 30 some jobs. I want to add another job to the queue.

Glitch:
The Chapter section gets blanked out as soon as the queue hops to the next job.

Further info:
This is consitently reproducible. If I rescan the source the chapers get listed again, until the next job is done. So when encoding small episodes (like 7min ones) and trying to put in Chapter titles for a long movie I want to add to the queue, this is a little annoying.

Not really a big bug, but I thought I bring it to your attention.

Thanks again for all your guys' hard work and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Konstantin
plazapalz

Re: (0.9.3) GUI glitch with Chapters while processing Queue

Post by plazapalz »

I have noticed a glitch similar to this. If I queue up multiple or even just 2 movies in which I have made custom chapter names, the chapter titles will be messed up on all of the encodes. If I edit the chapter titles and encode a movie by itself, it works fine. But when 2 or more are queued, it seems the chapter names get jumbled up between the titles. For instance: If I queued "Heavyweights" and "Clue" together, "Heavyweights" would have the "Clue" chapters and vice versa. This happens to me every time no matter the movies queued. Thanks for any help.
AW01545

Post by AW01545 »

I noticed the same problem as the second poster. I queued up a job with no chapter information (I just didn't have it, so whatever chapters were there were Chapter 1, Chapter 2.) I then queued a bunch of other jobs, some with chapters, some without. Finally I queued up a job with chapters and I left the screen up. When I came back the earlier job I had queued with default chapters received the chapter information from the most recently entered job.

EDIT:

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention that it's Windows.

So basically, to reproduce, queue up one job with no chapters, the queue up another job with some chapter information.

The job in queue manages to read in the chapter data from the second job, as if it's reading the chapter data from the GUI objects directly instead of from the queue database (XML?)
Last edited by AW01545 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

The bug reported by Konstantin Prinz has been resolved.
For the queue bug, I need to look at it, I don't use the queue often.
Unkagar

Post by Unkagar »

I have observed this bug with the Mac version of HB 0.9.3 as well.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

fixed in svn for mac