Pause/Resume does not work if computer goes to sleep

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

acidity

Pause/Resume does not work if computer goes to sleep

Post by acidity »

So, I downloaded handbrake yesterday and tried it for the first time. I was ripping a DVD and in between I had to go somewhere. So I clicked Pause. Once I came back I clicked on Resume and immediately the status info was shown as operation being done when 30% of ripping was still left.

I started the till then ripped AVI file and as expected only 70% of the movie was ripped.

Is it a known behavior? I am using 0.8.0 BETA on Mac OS X 10.4 with all latest updated by Apple.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

Reading from a DVD disc or from files off your hard drive?
acidity

Post by acidity »

DVD disc in my drive.

I had to put the machine in sleep mode but the disc was always there in the drive.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Edited thread topic to be less misleading.
cbud
Bright Spark User

Post by cbud »

I have paused for many minutes (30 or so) and resumed without a problem. But I always read from the hard drive and the computer is set to never sleep.
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

I have also seen problems (kernel panics) if the mac sleeps while encoding. But I am running newest svn, so I expected hiccups and did not bother to report. Why does the system think itself 'idle' while encoding? For now, I have turned off sleep altogether.